25 Custom Treatment Techniques for Anxious and Depressed Clients – Margaret Wehrenberg
Sale Page :
Original Price: $200
You just : $54
Anxiety and depression are the most common of exhibiting symptoms and present a special challenge when they co-occur in the same client—which they often do. Caught in a mix of symptoms that affect their ability to respond to treatment, different clients require different approaches. Join national speaker and author, Dr. Margaret Wehrenberg, as she identifies seven types of anxious and depressed clients and delivers over 25 custom treatment techniques you can use immediately.
Based on her extensive clinical experience and solid foundation in research, Dr. Wehrenberg will give you the tools to:
- Motivate the Low Energy Client
- Redirect the mental energy of the Hopeless Ruminator
- Calm the Panicky Depressive
- Introduce choice with the Worried and Exhausted
- Break the routines of the Quiet Avoider
- Teach balance to the High Energy and Depressed client
- Challenge the beliefs of the Highly Anxious
Clinicians will learn the hallmarks of these variations of co-morbid anxiety and depression and will be able to apply treatment approaches that really work to resolve them.
- Identify 7 types of co-occurring anxiety and depression.
- Discuss how to avoid pitfalls in the therapeutic relationship common to comorbid anxiety and depression and engage productively with clients.
- Outline strategies to stop rumination and shift internal locus of control.
- Illustrate custom treatment methods for the various types of comorbid anxious and depressed clients.
- Develop cognitive skills to stop worry and prevent catastrophic thinking.
- Utilize the balance wheel to identify and select appropriate lifestyle changes.
- List several methods that improve energy in physical, emotional and behavioral patterns of depression and anxiety.
Comorbidity of Anxiety and Depression
- Unique challenges
- Tips to enhance the therapeutic relationship
- Interactions of symptoms
- Types of anxious & depressed clients
- Customize approach for each type
25 Customized Treatment Strategies for each Type
- Low Energy & Depressed
- Raise energy
- Gets the train rolling
- Use future energy
- Change hopeless/helpless meta-cognitions
- Hopeless Ruminators
- Redirect & shift internal locus of control
- Breakdown “I won’t”
- Alter helpless explanatory style
- Worried & Exhausted
- Denial & choice
- Examine values
- Prevent burnout
- Transfer worry & build brain circuitry
- Panicky & Depressed
- Predict, Prevent and prepare
- Stop catastrophic thinking
- Calming techniques
- Analyze themes of depression over failures and guilt
- Quiet Avoiders
- Self-isolation reinforces depression
- Control social anxiety
- Change inner dialogue
- Provide & practice new scripts
- Unlearn fear & build positive experiences
- High Energy & Depressed
- Breakdown perfectionism and over-activity
- Personal balance wheel
- Accept alternate plans and outcomes
- High Anxiety
- Special attention to worry
- Stop rumination
- Contain worry
- Effective cognitive tools
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.