ADHD: Executive Functioning, Life Course Outcomes & Management with Russell Barkley, Ph.D. – Russell A. Barkley
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
Featuring Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D., The World’s Leading Expert on ADHD
- Internationally-acclaimed trainer with 30 years of research and clinical experience
- Author of Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete Authoritative Guide for Parents and 15 other books and over 250 scientific articles on ADHD
- Sought after media expert: The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Early Show, Nightline, the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Newsweek, Time and many others
- Recipient of numerous national awards for his work in ADHD
This is a rare opportunity to learn from the world’s leading expert on ADHD. This program will provide detailed, current information on the nature and causes of ADHD in children and teens and the role of executive functioning in the disorder. A neuropsychological theory of executive functioning (EF) and self-regulation will be presented that provides a much more comprehensive view of both EF and of ADHD than the current clinical conceptualization of ADHD as a disorder of attention.
New research exists on the life course of children with ADHD and their adult outcomes that illustrates how impaired EF can negatively impact major life activities. The results of that research have numerous implications for the management of ADHD. Dr. Barkley will discuss the advances in our scientific knowledge of ADHD and their exciting implications for optimizing the effective treatment of children and teens having ADHD. He will also discuss the science-based treatments for the management of ADHD, its executive functioning deficits, and the impairments likely to arise from the disorder.
- Discuss the nature of ADHD including a theory of ADHD as a developmental disruption in executive functioning and self-regulation, and the implications for treatment planning
- Identify causes of ADHD and how they impact the brain’s executive functions
- Describe the developmental course of ADHD, the impairments it may produce in various major life activities, and their implications for treatment planning
- Utilize the best treatment approaches for addressing the executive and self-regulatory deficits associated with ADHD
The Nature of ADHD
- The obvious symptoms
- Where is executive functioning in ADHD?
What is Executive Functioning (EF)?
- Current definitions
- The hybrid model of EF at the cognitive level
- The 5 levels of the EF hierarchy-how EF extends into most major life activities
How ADHD Impairs Executive Functioning-ADHD is EFDD
- How ADHD symptoms relate to the cognitive EF level
- How ADHD symptoms impact EF in everyday life
Implications for Understanding ADHD as EFDD
- A disorder of knowledge or performance?
Implications for Managing ADHD as EFDD
- The 5 rules for addressing EFDD
Life Course Outcomes of ADHD/EFDD and Treatment Implications
- Childhood impairments (health, education, peers & families)
- Adolescent risks (school, sex, driving & crime)
- Adult outcomes (work, relationships, drug abuse, health risks, life expectancy)
- Implications for life course management
The Best Principles for Managing EF Deficits in ADHD
Counseling Parents-Topics to Cover
Training Parents in Home Management
- Overview of programs for child management
- Problem-solving communication training
School Management of EF Deficits in ADHD
- Basic considerations
- Increasing incentives
- Assisting organization and working memory deficits
- Disciplinary methods
- Tips for ADHD management in teens
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.