Advanced Clinical Orthopedics Lab – Mike Begg
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- What are the 3 key questions to be able to target your evaluation?
- Participate in the formation of a diagnosis – using real patient scenarios
- Be confident in your differential diagnosis BEFORE your physical exam
- Learn all about the innovative NEW treatment options (ACL repair, Biologics/stem cell, Superior capsular reconstruction, Internal bracing for ligament injuries…)
- Experience clinical and surgical treatment options with video examples
Imagine walking the halls and visiting the operating room with some of the most influential and respected orthopedic surgeons in the world. By having access to many of these leaders in the field and a solid understanding of the science behind their treatment plans, Mike Begg, PA-C, will help to transform your own practice!
The advancements in orthopedics are rapid and remaining current is difficult on your own. This seminar will help focus on some of the most cutting-edge and modern concepts that are in use today! The ideas and techniques are backed with clinical evidence and patient outcome studies. A few examples of what you can look forward to learning…
After a 9-month recovery from an ACL reconstruction procedure on his right knee, CJ was finally back on the soccer field. Unfortunately, 3 months after returning, he suffered a similar injury on the left side. Electing a “repair” instead of the traditional “reconstruction”, he saw firsthand the dramatic differences in recovery! At 3 months, CJ was reporting “I can go, full on, 100%, no problem…. if you would only let me!”
Then there is the story of MM, a 73-year-old active female with debilitating knee pain from an advanced arthritic condition. Assuming surgery was her only option, you can imagine her joy when, after a simple injection of “stem cells” into her knees, she was able to get back into her exercise class and ride bike with her grandchildren.
While understanding that all patients have unique issues, this seminar will introduce many new concepts like the ACL Repair, once believed to be “impossible and not reasonable” as an option for some patients and biologic treatments for many conditions once thought to be surgical in nature. The information in this interactive seminar is presented in a case scenario format, so you will meet people like CJ, MM and others who can “tell their story” while educating you to new ideas and concepts.
Sessions will be presented with a mock patient presentation (case study) including: History and Physical, Exam Findings, Special Tests, Diagnosis, Treatment Options, Recovery/Rehabilitation Goals.
Lower Extremity Injuries
- Ligament Injuries
- ACL – Conservative treatment vs. reconstruction vs. repair
- MCL – Conservative vs. internal brace
- FCL – Repair vs. reconstruction
- Cartilage Injuries
- Chondral defects – Non-op, biologics, allograft – or other…
- DJD – PT, bracing, (Steroids – HA -Biologics) or surgery
- Patellar Injuries
- Instability – Non-op vs. MPFL repair or reconstruction… and when
- Youth Injuries
- Overuse and acute injury… What’s right for the kid?
- Labral injuries
- How do we know, what do we do, how do we do it
- Biologic injections
- Ankle sprains
- Conservative care vs. internal bracing
- Jones vs. Pseudo Jones – what’s the difference and who cares?
- Achilles tendonitis – Biologics?
- Achilles rupture – Conservative vs. surgical treatment
Upper Extremity Injuries
Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Impingement – What to do? PT, injection, surgery
- Partial thickness tears – What happens with… PT, biologics, surgery?
- Full thickness tears – When is surgery needed?
- Irreparable RCT – Superior capsular reconstruction vs. reverse TSA
- SLAP repair vs. biceps tenodesis – does it matter?
- Glenohumeral instability – Bankart lesions
- Acromio-clavicular & sterno-clavicular injuries – What to do and when?
- “Little Leaguer’s Shoulder”- What is it? How do we prevent it?
- Ligament injury
- Ulnar collateral rupture – Conservative, reconstruction or internal brace?
- Clavicle fractures – Non-Op vs. ORIF, dynamic stabilization, biologics
- Hip fractures in elderly – early mobilization (the key for overall recovery)
- Youth – long bone fractures
- Discuss the focused history taking and examination techniques of some of the world’s most respected orthopedic surgeons.
- Evaluate decision-making processes regarding conservative and surgical treatment options for commonly-experienced orthopedic problems.
- Formulate new methods to effectively educate your patients regarding their injuries, innovative treatment options, recovery steps and expectations.
- Develop skills to identify injuries specific to youth and adult populations.
- Translate knowledge of the latest, cutting-edge treatment options with your peers, patients and referral sources.
- Compare your current physical evaluation skill set with best practices demonstrated.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.