Advanced Management of Complex and Critically Ill Patients – Cyndi Zarbano
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
The Master Critical Care Skills seminar will give you a strong foundation, while integrating tips, timesavers, and stories about real nurses who make a difference in their patient’s lives. This seminar will teach you to master the concepts of critical care and become an expert in your clinical practice. Learn advanced critical care concepts and interventions, including:
- Critical Care Certification Review
- Core content for advanced critical care nurses
- Advanced cardiac care/hemodynamics
- Advanced Neurological care
- Mechanical ventilation management
Understand Hemodynamics Today
- Cardiac Output = Heart Rate x Stroke Volume
- Use a simple analogy to learn the components and finally Get It
- Preload, Afterload and Contractility
- Manipulating the mathematical equation to stabilize
The ICU Trio in Crisis!
- IV Fluids – picking the right one for the situation
- 5 pressor agents – How they work when to use them
- Blood products! FFP, Platelets, PRBC’s and Cryoprecipitate
Demystify hemodynamic waveforms and
Correctly Measuring Each
- Assessment clues to hemodynamic instability
- Central Venous Pressures
- Arterial Lines
- Swan Ganz Catheters
Mechanical Ventilation for Nurses
- How to manage patients on ventilators
- Avoiding Ventilator Acquired Pneumonia (VAP)
- Using CPAP or BiPAP
- Assessment and management of:
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Septic Shock
- Hypovolemic Shock
Manage the Neuro Patient
- Use a “5-point Neuro Check” to easily identify changes in condition
- Stroke and Stabilization
- How to assess & intervene
Life-threatening EKG Changes: Clues from the 12-Lead
- Spectrum of coronary artery ischemia
- 5-step method for finding myocardial ischemia and injury
- STEMI and NSTEMI – What’s the difference?
- Location, location, location!
End-of-Life Care in the ICU
- The needs of the patient
- Practical tips to help your patients and families with the end-of-life journey
- Summarize the difference between preload, contractility and afterload as components impacting cardiac output.
- Identify correct locations for measuring CVP, Arterial Line and Wedge waveforms.
- Differentiate between hypotonic, isotonic and hypertonic IV fluids and when each is considered most effective.
- Recognize the blood product of choice for Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy.
- Contrast the difference between hypovolemic shock, septic shock and cardiovascular shock in both assessment and treatment priorities.
- Identify two ways to increase the ventilator patient’s oxygenation status.
- Compare and contrast CPAP and BiPAP, as well as their target populations.
- State 5 common causes of delirium.
- Identify the difference between a STEMI and NSTEMI.
- Recognize the three biggest concerns patients recognize at end of life.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.