Auditory Processing Disorder: Advanced Treatment Strategies – Lois Kam Heymann
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- An effective 7-step process for treatment
- Goal writing that addresses the Common Core
- Develop an integrated targeted plan
- Build and implement the Listening Skills Hierarchy
- Execution of the Integrated Lesson Plan
- Take your practice to the next level by setting measurable, attainable goals
This seminar is an opportunity to learn from 30- year expert and highly accredited therapist and author Lois Kam Heymann, M.A. CCC-SLP, about diagnosis and treatment of Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) and other listening challenges.
This course is a hands-on workshop for clinicians who have some background knowledge about auditory processing disorders and listening challenges. There will be a review of listening sub skills: auditory attention, auditory discrimination, auditory memory, auditory figure/ground, phonological segmentation and blending, and auditory cohesion. Case studies and hierarchical auditory therapy intervention will be presented. You will have the opportunity to practice structuring long and short-term goals, objectives, and activities. Small group work will be encouraged.
- Learn how to develop and treat a child’s evaluated area of weakness (es):
- Apply a hierarchical method to approach auditory therapy intervention
- Develop an auditory therapy plan from a case study
- Design auditory therapy activities for each of the listening sub skills
Don’t miss this chance to learn from a true pioneer in the industry. Lois is well sought after throughout the United States, as well as internationally. After 30+ years of expertise in her field, she continues to transform the lives of children and parents through her empowering and positive vision of how to learn.
- pply the components of an Auditory Processing Evaluation.
- Distinguish between Language Processing, Auditory Processing Disorders and Attention Disorders.
- Identify ways to interpret results from evaluations.
- Apply a hierarchical method to approach auditory therapy intervention.
- Determine how to develop integrated lesson plans.
- Discuss ways to accommodate the child with listening challenges in the classroom and at home.
- What APD is and what APD isn’t
- Red Flags to diagnose
- Hearing vs listening
- Impact of language development
- Parent and teacher checklists
- Differentiating APD from LPD, ADHD, ASD
- Audiological evaluation
- Speech and Language Pathologist evaluation
- Listening/Language Hierarchy
Treatment for APD and Listening Challenges
- Auditory attention
- Auditory figure ground
- Binaural integration and separation
- Auditory memory
- Auditory sequential memory
- Phonological segmenting and blending
- Auditory comprehension
- Expressive language skills
- Templates for individual treatment plans
- Develop therapy based on child’s weakened areas
- Common Core Goals
Templates for Plan Development/Interventions:
- iPad® Applications:
- Category Carousel
- One Step – Two Step
- Tell Me a Story
- Listening Adventures: Little Red Riding Hood
- Artic Academy
- Opportunity to follow a child from diagnosis through treatment
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.