Autism & Asperger’s: Proven Techniques to Achieve Social and Academic Success in Children & Adolescents – Timothy Kowalski
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Evaluation tools to drive social success
- Quickly formulate practical social goals to make IEPs a breeze
- Avoid potential litigation by knowing the pitfalls
- Target reading and writing deficits to improve academic success
- Distinguish patterns of deficits with 4 Theories of Cognition
- Enable client to see how their behavior impacts others!
Are you struggling to find effective, evidence-based techniques to help your kids who present with social difficulties associated with Asperger’s syndrome and/or High Functioning Autism?
Join internationally known expert and author on Asperger’s syndrome, Timothy P. Kowalski, M.A., CCC-SLP, to discover innovative evidence-based strategies to evaluate and treat the underlying deficits associated with this diagnosis. Learn how Theory of Mind, Central Coherence, Executive Functions and Emotional Intelligence impact social functioning. Discover how to evaluate these individuals using practical tools that make planning intervention a breeze.
Walk away with hundreds of strategies that produce positive change in the social domains of interaction, communication and emotional regulation!
- Identify appropriate assessment tools to drive intervention and enhance functional outcome.
- Formulate practical social goals to make IEPs a breeze.
- Discover how to avoid potential litigation by knowing the common pitfalls.
- Use the 4 theories of cognition to distinguish patterns of deficits and design treatment interventions.
- Demonstrate appropriate strategies to address issues related to reading and writing.
- Identify the cycle of anxiety and rage to formulate appropriate interventions.
Assessment of Client Behavior
- Changes to DSM-5® and how they contrast with new ICD-10
- Four theories of cognition to target intervention:
- Theory of Mind for perspective taking and social appropriateness
- Executive Function for flexibility, relevance, goal focus and experiential learning
- Central Coherence for details to eliminate arguments based on narrow definitions and overuse of detail
- Emotional Intelligence to address anxiety and rage
- Practical tools for all ages
- Pitfalls in social-pragmatic evaluation
- Avoiding potential litigation
- Tools to formulate appropriate social goals
- Formulate practical social goals to make IEPs a breeze
Proven Strategies to Improve:
Social Interaction and Social Communication
- Teach how to “fake it” – dealing w/rude behavior
- Nonverbal communication – impact on perspective taking
- Develop the fine art of negotiation
- Analyze what went wrong through Social Autopsies
- Visual cues to improve interaction skills
- Active listening for meaningful conversation
- ‘Repair Strategies’ for when things go wrong
- Develop flexibility and control – “Go with the flow” and not interrupt
- Sarcasm or bullying, which is it?
- Incorporate “Language of Emotions” to enhance empathy
- Safe Havens and Hot Passes to avoid emotional meltdown
- Relaxation techniques for anxiety and emotional regulation
- Let “Bygones be Bygones”
- Avoid emotional escalation
- Bloom’s Taxonomy to reveal the underlying problem
- Compensatory strategies to effectively compete with peers
- Enhance test taking and homework
- Teach the teacher (and others) to “think like the child”
- Take the client’s perspective to target intervention
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.