Behavior Management Skills for Classroom Success: Strategies for Mental Health Issues and Challenging Behaviors in the Schools – Scott D. Walls
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
It’s guaranteed .. this recording will provide you with solutions to your students’ most challenging behaviors. You will leave with immediate tools for emotional regulation, successful strategies for out-of-control behaviors and long-term techniques to help these kids succeed both at school and at home. Let expert Scott Walls guide you through successful, clear evidence-based strategies and techniques for the most frustrating student behaviors including:
- Impulsive behavior
- Threats of harm to others
- Highly disruptive behaviors
- Mental health disorders: ODD, ADHD, anxiety & depression
- Aggressive behaviors
Scott Walls has worked with the most challenging kids in both school and clinical settings and is eager to share his knowledge and expertise with you! You will leave with tools to use tomorrow to turn your most challenging kids around and create a classroom climate that encourages school success!
- Explore common behavioral episodes that challenge educators, administrators, & professionals and characterize how these differences inform your choice of intervention.
- Analyze clinical mental health disorders such as ODD, ADHD, anxiety and depression and address their impact on student behavior in the classroom.
- Implement school-based intervention strategies to enhance behavioral skills in in the classroom.
- Develop effective verbal skills that increase compliant behavior in the classroom, including praise, corrective measures and reciprocal reactions to student behavior problems.
- Assess components of behavioral escalation and recommend intervention strategies to address each stage.
- Utilize protective techniques for classroom design in order to create a climate of physical and emotional safety and success.
- Develop effective crisis interventions plans that address significant behavior concerns, including aggression, self-harm, and suicidal ideation.
Mental health and behavioral issues in the classroom
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Anxiety and depression
- Self harm/suicide
- Aggressive behaviors
- Non compliance
Assessments: For cause, motivation and reinforcement
- Functional Behavioral Assessment forms including:
- Functional assessment/behavioral change plan
- Individual student safety plan
- Intervention plan
- Parent, student and teacher interview forms
- Intake forms
Setting the stage for success
- The 3 Tiered Approach
- The types of change
- Defining the goal
- Defining success
- Understanding motivation
- Addressing difficult adults
Safety plans and protective techniques
- Safe room set up
- Physical intervention – when and why
- Use of environment – for safety
- Proactive strategies
- Behavioral plans
- Motivational incentives
- Incorporating the functions of the behavior
Reactive strategies for:
- Escape behaviors
- Noncompliance and following directions
- Refusal to do school work
Targeted techniques for:
- Calming students
- Environmental reaction plans
Crisis Intervention for:
- Physical aggression
- Harm to others
- Specific case studies
Problem solving AFTER a behavioral crisis
- Staff training
- Through conversation
- Using a premade template
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.