CBT for Insomnia – Donn Posner , Jason Ellis & Michael Perlis
Sale Page :
Original Price: $240
You just : $66
The clinical practice guideline released by the American College of Physicians (ACP) in 2016 highlights the recommendation based on clear evidence on the efficacy of CBT-I in treating insomnia, while also improving co-occurring disorders.
The problem? There aren’t enough CBT-I trained providers!
Be part of the solution! Now, you can advance your practice with specialized training in the cognitive behavioral treatment of insomnia – online from the convenience of your home or office.
This new online CBT-I training course, which features today’s leading experts on CBT-I and Behavioral Sleep Medicine (BSM), offers a clear, systematic session-by-session approach that is proven to effectively treat insomnia – long after treatment has ended.
In addition to the intensive training on CBT-I, you’ll also learn about the medical management of insomnia and the requirements for practicing Behavioral Sleep Medicine.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this intensive online course:
What is CBT for Insomnia?
Module 1 lays the ground work for CBT-I, as well as providing instruction on:
• Insomnia treatment options
• Sleep stages
- Functions of sleep
- How much sleep individuals need
- Sleep need, sleep ability, and sleep opportunity
• Intrinsic sleep disorders
What causes insomnia?
This module will answer that difficult question, as well as examining:
“Does worry keeps one awake, or does one worry because one is awake?”
- The nature of insomnia over time
- Why sleep extension is a problem
- Why sleep restriction works
Pros and Cons of the following medications:
- Melatonin Agonists
Knowing a variety of therapy options to meet each client’s needs is crucial for long–term success.
This module dissects:
• Pros and cons for each treatment modality
• Comparison of medical and behavioral interventions
• How to determine who is a good candidate for CBT–I
— Assessment tools
So, you have determined your client is a good candidate for CBT–I, what’s next?
Module 4 outlines:
CBT-I Session by Session break-down:
- Session I: Intake Evaluation
- Session II: Treatment Initiation, Sleep Restriction and Stimulus Control Procedures and Rationale
- Session III: Sleep Hygiene
- Session IV, V, & VI: Titration and Compliance
- Session VII: Cognitive Therapy for Insomnia Related Catastrophic Thinking
- Session VIII: Relapse Prevention
How to handle client arguments about sleep restrictions
- “I wanted to, but I couldn’t”
- “I didn’t want to”
- “I did it” (but they’re lying)
• Practice management & billing
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.