Challenges in Obstetrics: Current Trends, Treatments, & Issues – Michelle Quale
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
Michelle Quale, RN, MSN, CNM, FNP-BC, will delve into a variety of obstetrical topics that we face frequently in today’s obstetrical patients. This specialty area continues to evolve and with it the complexity of the patients we serve. Michelle will provide you with a comprehensive look at the implications of complicated pregnancies, shoulder dystocia, hypertension, advanced maternal age, antenatal testing, non-pharmacological options in labor, and the implications of diabetes and obesity during pregnancy. She is eager to share with you many of the effective interventions gained throughout her impressive clinical career to address these challenging and frightening patient situations.
Through enlightening case studies, persuasive evidence-based research, and an engaging presentation style, Michelle is sure to enhance your knowledge regarding current trends, treatments and issues in obstetrics. Attend this seminar to learn new strategies and techniques that can have an immediate impact on the maternal and fetal outcomes of your ob patients!
Shoulder Dystocia: Obstetrical Emergency
- Risk factors antepartum, intrapartum: When does it happen?
- Maneuvers to rectify a shoulder dystocia: Where should we start?
- Serious consequences: Morbidity and mortality
- Documentation essentials
Preterm Labor: It’s Too Early!
- Who’s at risk for preterm delivery?
- Fetal outcomes based on gestational age
- Assess for risk: Contractions, cervical changes, biochemical markers
- Medications and treatment options: What is successful?
Hypertension in Pregnancy: Gestational Hypertension and Preeclampsia
- What’s new in hypertension in pregnancy?
- Strategies to optimize outcomes for mothers and infants
- What is the latest in medication options?
Alternative Comfort Measures in Pregnancy and Labor
- What does the evidence say?
- Anticipating the pain of labor
- Management strategies for laboring patients: Going beyond pharmacology
- Acupressure, music, aromatherapy, water therapy…and more!
The Mature Gravida: Advanced Maternal Age
- Risks for pregnancy complications when childbearing is delayed
- Testing for fetal and maternal risk
- Best practice standards to help prevent the most serious consequences
“Diabesity”: Obesity and Gestational Diabetes
- Combined risks of obesity and gestational diabetes for mother and infant
- Diagnosing and treatment strategies during pregnancy
- What are the future implications – for each?
Antenatal Testing: Who Are We Testing – and Why?
- What are all the options available to women?
- Who should be tested?
- Antenatal testing methods and interpreting the results
- What to do with post-dates and post-term pregnancies
- Recognize the essential maneuvers to aid in resolution of a shoulder dystocia.
- Analyze documentation “must have’s” following a shoulder dystocia case.
- Evaluate maternal and fetal risks based upon the impact of hypertensive disease.
- Determine the benefits of non-pharmacological treatment options during pregnancy and delivery, including: acupressure, reflexology, aromatherapy, hydration therapy.
- Examine the risk factors and events leading to preterm birth and preterm labor.
- Identify the impact of available treatment options for preterm labor upon pregnant women and their neonates.
- Explore the impact of obesity and gestational diabetes in our reproductive aged women.
- Discuss the rationale for antenatal testing of the fetus and mother during pregnancy.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.