Chronic Pain: Proven Medication and Non-Medication Treatments to Combat Pain – Stephanie Moulton Sarkis
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Engage in hands-on treatment demonstrations for Mindfulness Meditation, CBT, Biofeedback, Guided Imagery, Mirror Therapy and more
- Analyze the mind’s power to halt pain
- New interview techniques to evaluate your client’s hidden signs of chronic pain
- Discover proven interventions for reducing sympathetic “fight-or-flight” nervous system reactions
Are you getting stuck with how to treat clients who have chronic pain? Are your clients experiencing pain but the cause is unknown? It’s frustrating for you as a clinician, and painful and debilitating for your clients.
Join Dr. Stephanie Sarkis, psychotherapist, author, and international speaker, as she shows you concrete, research-based solutions using real-life examples of chronic pain relief in clients. She will show you how to create effective tailor-made treatments to decrease related stress, anxiety, depression, pain related ailments, and possible suicidal tendencies.
- Research-proven treatments include:
- Medication Mirror Therapy
- Biofeedback Mindfulness meditation
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Hypnotherapy
You will also learn acupressure techniques, discover how to create an effective guided imagery script, role play cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques, and see examples of mirror therapy for chronic pain.
- Explain how CBT treats for chronic pain.
- Discover pain as a learned response.
- Assess chronic pain sequalae in your clients.
- Evaluate your client’s hidden signs of chronic pain.
- Analyze the mind’s power over pain signals in the body.
- Create cognitive behavioral homework assignments for clients.
- Access resources on chronic pain for clients.
- Explore how pain relief impacts daily functioning.
- Phantom pain
- Auto-immune disorder pain
- Lyme Disease
- Accident-related pain
- Migraine pain
- Sequalae to medical treatment
Comorbid Issues with Chronic Pain
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep disorders
- Muscle relaxants
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Shut off your pain receptors through self-talk
- Cognitive coping skills training
- Homework assignments
- Cognitive restructuring
- Therapy video session demonstration
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Increases control over physical sensations
- Reduces intense emotions
- Helps identify powerful emotions
- Exercises control over emotions
- Keeping a pain diary
- Teach diaphragmatic breathing in order to trigger the parasympathetic nervous system
- Diaphragmatic breathing exercise demonstration
- Focusing on here and now
- Use STOP to teach mindfulness meditation
- Control emotions for a positive perception of others
- Guided mindfulness meditation exercise
- Treat phantom limb pain
- Mirror therapy exercise
- Video of Mirror therapy
- Helps connect mind with body
- Relaxation techniques to reduce pain-related physical reactions
- Video of biofeedback session
- Increases the power of mind over body
- Translate pain into pressure and warmth
- Induce relaxing scene when pain occurs
- Affirmations to heal pain
- Create effective guided imagery
- Guided imagery script creation exercise
- Demonstration of acupressure points
Decreasing Pain Techniques
- Visualizing technique
- Art Therapy
- Empty chair
- Detachment technique
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.