Complex Feeding & Mealtime Success Sensory, Motor, and Behavior Techniques to Promote Food Acceptance – Jessica Hunt , Susan L. Roberts
Sale Page :
Original Price: $169
You just : $47
Through video case examples, demonstrations and hands-on exercises, you will learn the treatment strategies you need to successfully treat feeding difficulties in children. Not only will you learn the sensory issues causing these feeding difficulties but we will also examine behavior issues and oral motor difficulties. Walk away with advanced techniques to:
- Evaluate the causes of mealtime difficulties: behavior, sensory, oral motor, or a combination
- Decrease food jags and other feeding delays for those suffering with Autism, Cerebral Palsy and other disorders
- Re-establish healthy roles and increase range of foods at the table
- Educate parents and caregivers who often endure emotional or stressful meal times
Develop successful programs that promote active play, self-care, compassionate caregivers and the use of imagination to confidentially take your clients and their families from a battleground dinner table to a social, enjoyable meal!
Remove the Stress and Anxiety of Mealtime with this Integrative Online Course…
Complex Feeding Issues:
Sensory, Motor, and Behavior Techniques for Autism, Cerebral Palsy and other Developmental Delays
You will learn much more than the sensory issues causing these feeding difficulties; we will examine behavior issues as well as oral motor difficulties. Get the techniques you need to make mealtimes more peaceful and positive!
- Evaluate how sensory processing, behavior and oral motor skills impact or interfere with each child’s ability to eat.
- Role Play how to implement sensory techniques during and prior to meal times to address difficulties such as not wanting to touch certain foods or sitting at the table.
- Implement oral motor exercises and strategies to promote feeding patterns such as rotary chewing pattern, lip closure and tongue lateralization.
- Explore the misconceptions about feeding that impact special needs children.
- Assess the behaviors that interfere with eating and learn strategies to address the behavior.
- Support and guide the parents, caregivers and other family members through often emotional or stressful meal times.
Walk away with the knowledge to identify the cause(s) of a feeding disorder and develop therapeutic interventions you can begin using immediately. Get started today!
Transform Food Refusal Into Food Acceptance
Dive into the typical development of eating skills, medically recognized nutritional needs of the growing child, and sensory-based approaches to mealtime behavioral issues. Explore a variety of techniques that encourage children to participate during mealtime.
- Communicate commonalities in the development of play, emotional intelligence and mealtime skills.
- Determine common myths about picky eaters and the research-based evidence that contradicts these commonly held assumptions.
- Analyze and differentiate a child’s current food choices for nutritional value and sensory preferences.
- Formulate a plan for successfully introducing new and nourishing foods.
- Integrate therapeutic interventions that motivate and reward expanded food choices and the development of competent eating skill
With these highly effective, step-by-step strategies, you will leave confident in your ability to expand your clients’ food choices.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.