Complicated and Traumatic Grief: Clinical Interventions for Healing – Harold Ivan Smith
Sale Page :
Original Price: $200
You just : $54
- Move your clients forward through extreme trauma and multiple losses that cause great grief in their lives
- Tools for creating safe havens in the presence of rage, guilt, despair, helplessness
- Gain greater confidence in your ability to foster hope, healing & integration
“I do not ‘want’ to get over my grief.’” “I will deal with grief later.” “I want my ‘normal’ back.” These are statements you have heard time and time again from clients coming to you for help with bereavement. Attend this seminar and learn skills and tools that you need to effectively move your clients forward through extreme trauma and multiple losses that clients experience that cause great grief in their lives. Learn techniques that you can use to help clients imagine a future beyond their grief.
Join national grief expert, author, and respected speaker Harold Ivan Smith for a day filled with proven assessment and creative treatment strategies for even your most complex clients. Pulling from more than 30 years of experience, Harold Ivan has trained more than 20,000 professionals in bereavement workshops across the country, sharing innovative, practical techniques for promoting healing in a therapeutic setting. Spend more than half of the day focusing on treatment-specific strategies that you can implement in your practice immediately to help grieving persons.
Through class discussions, case studies and a comprehensive resource manual full of creative and functional treatment approaches, you will learn how to uncover what clients are hiding from you when discussing their trauma. You will also learn strategies to help clients with multiple exposures to trauma and loss work through the many layers of their grief. Experience Harold Ivan’s passion for his work with grief in an energized learning environment, leaving with a renewed outlook and new skills to work with even the most difficult and complicated losses.
GET COMPLICATED AND TRAUMATIC GRIEF: CLINICAL INTERVENTIONS FOR HEALING OF AUTHOR HAROLD IVAN SMITH
- Discuss creative, cutting-edge approaches to assist grievers.
- Recognize how grief work is often a life-long process of meaning making.
- Identify warning signs and treatments of complicated grief.
- Describe caring responses for different types of denial.
- Integrate journaling, poetry and music into bereavement counseling.
- Recognize ways to gain greater confidence in your ability to foster hope and healing.
Normal Grief: Tools for Evaluation, Assessment and Treatment
- Early Grief, Second Storm, and the Search for Meaning
- Signs of Early Grief
- Denial, High Anxiety, Numbness
- Enhancing Support Networks
- Develop Inner Strengths
- Anticipate the “Second Storm”
- Managing Healthy Reactions
- Journey Toward Renewal of Meaning, Purpose
Defusing Past Grieving Myths
- Reach Beyond the “Five Stages”
- Validate Instrumental Grievers
- Acknowledging Religion, Culture, Ethnicity, Gender
Complicated and Traumatic Grief: Tools for Evaluation, Assessment and Treatment
- Six “R” Processes
- DSM-5® and Prolonged Grief Disorder
- Rage, Guilt, Despair, Helplessness, Persistent Denial
- Distorted, Chronic, Delayed and Absent Grief
- Disenfranchised Grief
Strategies for Traumatic Loss
- Re-telling Strategies
- Restorative Narrative
- Borrowing Narratives
Designing Interventions—Maintaining Empathy, and Responsible Judgment
- Effective Use of Self-disclosure
- The Culpability Continuum
- Ritual, Memorializing and
Bringing Your Whole Self to Grief Counseling
- Anticipating, Acknowledging
- Compassion Fatigue
- Defusing Personal Triggers, Worst Fears
- Spiritual, Existential Crisis
- Confidence Builders
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.