Dementia: Early Detection, Challenges Addressed & the Latest Treatment Options – Nanette Lavoie-Vaughan
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Challenges unique to the different types of dementias
- Specific management strategies – that work!
- NEW pharmacology management
- Successful strategies for behavioral intervention
- Assisting the overwhelmed family members
- The latest information coming from research
Every 67 seconds someone in the U.S. develops Alzheimer’s disease. It is estimated that there are 5 million persons with dementia and by 2050 there will be 10 million or more. Healthcare staff is challenged with providing safe and quality care for this vulnerable population – across all the various settings. You are expected to provide compassionate care while achieving optimal patient outcomes, maintaining a secure/safe environment, and assisting caregivers who may suffer from compassion fatigue.
In this seminar, Nanette Lavoie-Vaughan, MSN, ANPPC-C, DNP, will provide you with the latest available information and real practical tips related to the diagnosis and management of all types of dementia. This program includes strategies to help you and family caregivers deal with behavioral problems and the unique challenges dementia presents. The recording will be filled with case studies, interactive sessions and key video examples to learn from. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn effective new strategies to improve the care you provide to this patient population.
- Distinguish the differences between the various types of dementias.
- Explain the manifestations of various types of dementia.
- Choose appropriate culturally-sensitive and disease-specific management strategies.
- Differentiate between the psychotropic drug choices for dementia and associated depression, anxiety and behavioral problems.
- Evaluate useful and creative strategies to manage the unique challenges of dementia patients.
- Assist caregivers in managing care, making critical decisions and handling stress.
- Analyze available resources from primary care, home health, adult day services and long-term care.
- Determine when geriatric psychiatry services should be involved to optimally manage symptoms.
Types of Dementia & Diagnosis
- Controlling risk factors before diagnosis
- Getting the diagnosis early
- Lewy body
- Early onset
- Alzheimer’s specific
- Lewy body specific
- Home safety
- Sleep patterns
- Bowel function
- Emergent situations
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors
- The current challenge to reduce antipsychotics
Interventions for the Unique Challenges
- Aggression – verbal, physical
- Sexual inappropriateness
- Cultural differences
- Pre-morbid experiences and personality
Assisting the Overwhelmed Caregivers
- Non-pharmacological interventions
- Stress reduction
- Compassion fatigue
- Making difficult decisions
- Hospice/End of life care
- Helping children understand
- Working with low literacy and English as a Second Language caregivers
- Support groups
- Educational materials
- The latest practice guidelines
- Insurance and finance considerations
- Staff training
- Using geriatric neuropsychiatry services
What’s On the Horizon
- Research for early diagnosis and treatment
- Care facilities
- Aging in place
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.