Diabetes Management for Today’s Complex Patient – Constance Brown-Riggs
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- The Paradigm Shift: Are you PREPARED?
- Technology Updates
- Medication Management Strategies
- Nutrition: One Size Does NOT Fit All
- AADE7®: Sounds so Simple, So why is it so Difficult?
DIABETES…Alarming Increases, Devastating Costs, Crippling the Future of America!
Every time you watch the news, it confirms that you are caring for today’s most common and most complicated patients. The prevention and treatment guidelines seem to change constantly, the patients are getting younger and sicker and you are busier than ever! Are you left wondering how you can make a difference in your patients’ lives?
Expert, Connie Brown-Riggs, MSEd, RD, CDE, CDN, works directly with the most challenging patients with diabetes and understands how difficult it is to manage this complex, chronic disease. Attend this interactive seminar and increase your understanding of the latest evidence-based interventions and treatment guidelines. Connie will provide strategies to optimize patient outcomes and practical tips you can use to educate and empower your patients. Don’t miss this opportunity to improve the care you provide to patients with diabetes.
The Paradigm Shift in the Diagnosis of Diabetes
- Type I
- Type II
- Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults
- Monogenic Diabetes
- Antiretroviral Associated Diabetes
- Populations at Risk
- Lifestyle Modifications
- Pharmacological Interventions
- Self-Management Education & Support
- Glycemic Treatment Goals
- Intercurrent Illness
Can We REALLY Reverse Type 2 Diabetes?
- The Difference Between Reversing & Remission
- Partial Remission
- Complete Remission
- Prolonged Remission
Pharmacotherapy: Unique Functions, Dosing & Side Effects
- The New Oral, Injectable & Inhaled Drugs
- Patient Considerations
- Basal/Bolus Concepts
- Paired Testing
- Pattern Analysis & Management
Diabetes Technology: What’s New?
- Insulin Pumps
- Managing the Data
Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Glycemic Control
- Gestational Diabetes
- Type I Management
- Type II Management
Chronic Complications: Detecting & Slowing Progression
Acute Complications: The Precipitating Factors
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Non-
- Ketotic Syndrome
Nutrition: One Size Does NOT Fit All
- Current Evidence-based Recommendations
- Advanced Carbohydrate Counting
- Glycemic Index
- Complimentary Care
AADE7® – Sounds so Simple, So why is it so Difficult?
- Physical Activity
- Motivating Behavior Change
- Stage Matched Behavior Change
- Motivational Interviewing
- Importance & Confidence Ruler
- Social Media
- Explain basal-bolus insulin therapy, including insulin-to-carbohydrate ratio and correction factor.
- Describe the diagnostic criteria for the different types of diabetes.
- Summarize the eight classes of antidiabetic drugs, their mechanism of action, and meal planning considerations.
- Discuss the criteria for the three stages of diabetes remission.
- Develop management strategies for the patient experiencing a diabetic emergency.
- Integrate motivational interviewing strategies to facilitate patient behavior changes.
- Define the principles of sick day management.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.