Dyslexia, ADHD and Executive Functions: Interventions to Improve Literacy and Learning in Children and Adolescents – Paula Moraine
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Dyslexia Simulation – from direct experience to understanding
- Hands-on experiences through simulations, games and practical applications
- Strategies to strengthen decoding, fluency, and comprehension
- Build your executive function toolbox!
- Coaching techniques for training and bolstering attention
This recording will present a lively and innovative approach to help students who read below grade level, have difficulty writing, and are terrible spellers. These are the students you see every day that struggle to regulate their attention, and have difficulty with organization, planning and time management. Watch this recording and gain insight into these challenges, and leave equipped with new strategies and skills that include ways to:
- Invigorate reading instruction
- Improve reading comprehension
- Increase focus and flexibility for ADHD
- Implement time-efficient, independent homework and study skills
- Individualize strategies for effective executive function
Through a dyslexia simulation and numerous practical examples, learn how to improve literacy and learning by using attention decisions, brain re-sets, memory strategies, and time management techniques. You will be offered a framework for effective reading instruction for dyslexia, as well as a toolbox of strategies to manage attention, organization, flexibility, decision-making, and initiative.
- Describe and identify archetypes and characteristics of Dyslexia, ADHD, and Executive Function specifically in relation to attention, organization, learning, memory, and time management.
- Integrate current research and best practices in Dyslexia to guide and inform educational interventions and IEP’s.
- Demonstrate and explain the dyslexic experience through a dyslexia simulation.
- Identify practical understanding and approaches for Dyslexia, ADHD, and Executive Function that are understandable, meaningful, and manageable.
- Explore language processing and executive controls through interactive games, examples, and individual stories.
- Create a personalized Executive Function toolbox.
LITERACY & LEARNING RELATED TO: DYSLEXIA, ADHD AND EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONS
- Time management
- Strategies to strengthen
- Receptive and expressive language
- Multi-sensory strategies for reading at home and in school
- Written expression
- Practical, successful apps and computer choices
- Dyslexia simulation – from direct experience to understanding
- Hands-on experiences – simulation, games, apps
- Coach to train and increase attention
- Initiative and inhibition
- Time management
- Challenging sensory input and output to support attention controls
- Take home plan for implementing ADHD controls
EXECUTIVE FUNCTION INTERVENTIONS:
- Tools for executive controls:
- Motivation and incentive
- Synthesis and analysis
- Rhythm and routine
- Mental Images for processing memory and time
- Executive function map for individualization
- Transferring organization and time management skills from school to home
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.