Dysphagia: From Assessment to Discharge – Tiffani L. Wallace
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Involuntary weight loss vs. adult failure to thrive
- The relationship between aspiration, pneumonia and reflux
- Strategies to assist in weight gain
- When alternative nutrition is no longer an option
- Updates in diagnostic criteria to distinguish between palliative care vs. care for chronically-ill patients
Attend this seminar and learn functional assessment techniques and discover how the cranial nerves drive both assessment and treatment. Join national speaker and dysphagia expert, Tiffani Wallace, MA, CCC-SLP, BRS-S, LSVT Certified Clinician, MBSImP Registered Clinician, as she teaches you practical, functional and affordable strategies and techniques that can be immediately incorporated into your workday.
Learn the latest, most effective techniques and exercises, including:
- Pharyngeal exercises
- Exercise-based therapy
- Oral manipulation
- Effortful swallow
- Using the bolus as resistance
Take home affordable alternative treatment tools and assessment techniques. Muscle-based exercise is emphasized throughout the course, along with ideas you can utilize the next day!
PART 1: ASSESSMENT
- Disease Processes
- Lab Values
Oral Mech Exam
- Cranial Nerve Examination
- Cervical Auscultation
- Ounce Water Swallow Test
- Symptoms/Indications from the Swallow Assessment
PART II: TREATMENT
- Kinesio Taping®
- Pharyngeal Exercises
- Myofascial Release
- Mendelsohn Maneuver
- Oral Manipulation
- Effortful Swallow
- Lingual with Resistance
- Myofascial Release
- Beckman Program
- Pressure Biofeedback
- Chin Tuck
- Head Turn
- Supra and Super-Supra Glottic Swallow
- Head Back/Chin Up
- Side Lying
Technology in Dysphagia Therapy
- iPad®/iPhone® apps
- Android apps for dysphagia
- Online Dysphagia Resources
- Describe a cranial nerve assessment and the function of the cranial nerves.
- Identify key elements necessary for the development of a comprehensive dysphagia evaluation.
- Summarize therapeutic treatment strategies to increase the functional swallow.
- Examine contributing factors to dysphagia such as: medications, lab values and cranial nerve dysfunction.
- Explain neuroplasticity principles to increase swallow function.
- Identify ways that technology can be incorporated in dysphagia therapy.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.