Early Intervention for Social-Emotional Development: Successful Sensory-Based Strategies for Birth to 5 Years – Karen Lea Hyche
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
You can make long-lasting and positive changes at an early age to improve behaviors, mental health and emotional well-being. Join national speaker, Karen Hyche OTD, OTR/L, as she teaches you strategies for successful social-emotional development for children birth to 5 years.
Social-emotional health is influenced by our physical and sensory system as well as our environment. You will learn much-needed strategies for infants and young children who have sensory processing disorders, autism spectrum disorder, development delays, behavior issues or speech and language delays to improve social-emotional development. You will develop special techniques for infants and toddlers that have difficulty transitioning, poor sleep habits and poor eating habits. Discover treatment strategies that will work in the home, daycare, school and clinic, including:
- Sensory diets
- Personal stories
- Sensory motor
- Environmental strategies
- Strategies for daily follow through
- Summarize how sensory and motor systems affect social-emotional development.
- Analyze characteristics of sensory processing disorder, autism and general developmental delays.
- Formulate when a concern is related to sensory or behavior problems.
- Implement strategies for sleep and feeding concerns that can be used at home, daycare or school.
- Employ strategies that will help children maintain attention, focus and regulation.
- Design and demonstrate how to create plans for parents.
- Produce multi-sensory experiences in treatment to improve cognitive and social skills.
Foundations of Social-Emotional Development: Birth- 5 Years
- Attachment & relationships
- Disorders and delays that impact development
- Sensory and motor developmental factors
- Foundations for treatment: Current research
Evaluation Tools & Assessment for Service
- Family assessments
- Five area assessments
- Social-emotional assess
Treatment-based Strategies for Motor Development
- Sensory integration
- Strength and coordination activities
- Interactive Metronome
- Music and movement
- Timing and sequencing
Sensory-based Strategies for Feed
- Assessing sensory areas that affect feeding; tactile, olfactory, gustatory and proprioception
- Mealtime behaviors: Routine, structure and scheduling
- Four step sensory approach
Strategies for Behavioral Disorders
- Routines and schedules to decrease behaviors
- Daily report cards to improve self-regulation
- Impact of sleep and nutrition on behaviors and strategies for each
Strategies for Emotional Disorders
- Self-regulation technique to avoid meltdowns
- Build self-esteem and confidence to improve social skills
- Visual schedules to decrease frustration
- Augmentative communication to improve social and emotional development
- Social-communication for developmentally appropriate peer play
- Multi-sensory experiences to improve cognitive and social skills
- Personal stories to improve school and community behaviors
- Video-modeling to improve peer interaction
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.