Evidence-Based Treatments for PTSD: CBT, Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) & EMDR – Donald Meichenbaum , Edna Foa & Laurel Parnell
Sale Page :
Original Price: $130
You just : $36
Given the proliferation of books and techniques related to trauma, it is difficult to find what really works. In this expertly produced recording you will learn the very latest evidenced-based treatments for trauma from the world’s leading experts.
- Donald Meichenbaum, Ph.D. is one of the founders of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and was voted one of the top ten most influential therapist of the 20th century. Dr. Meichenbaum will discuss how CBT is evolving and how it can be used to conquer post traumatic growth and to heal from their traumatic event.
- Edna Foa, Ph.D is a Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania and the developer of Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE). She was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people for her work with PTSD in returning war veterans. She will explain how to use specific strategies in PE including imaginal exposure and vivo exposure to help clients confront their trauma and resolve their symptoms.
- Laurel Parnell, Ph.D. is one of the most recognizable experts in the field of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). The author of four books on the subject, this expert trainer and clinician will show you how to integrate EMDR into a client-centered approach to therapy. She takes EMDR out of the theoretical into the practical, client-focused realm. Dr. Parnell will explain how to make adjustments to EMDR that are imperative to helping clients deal with their trauma.
- Define evidence-based practice in psychology (EBPP).
- Explain the utility and limitations of research in clinical outcomes.
- Name and define three evidence-based modalities in the treatment of traumatic stress.
- Describe the role that cognitive behavioral therapy, prolonged exposure, and EMDR play in treating disorders of traumatic stress.
- Evidence-Based Practice in Psychology
- Narrative Prespective
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- The First Session
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.