Executive Functions & ADHD in Children & Adolescents: Proven Techniques to Increase Learning & Manage Attention – Cindy Goldrich
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
Practical Strategies to Enhance Success for:
- Working memory
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution
- Homework and testing
- Techniques to reduce stress, anxiety and problem behaviors
- Decrease time spent redirecting, refocusing, and re-teaching inattentive distracted students
- Effective collaboration with parents and paraprofessionals without excessive time commitment
Do you need some new strategies to get kids to pay attention and learn more effectively? Are you struggling with kids who can’t get started, stay involved, or complete their work? This seminar teaches techniques and tools for children who struggle to focus, cooperate, and perform to their potential.
- Teach kids a targeted ten-minute lesson on how their brain works will help them focus, reduces stress, and learn more effectively.
- Take advantage of the latest brain research and evidence-based best practices to get kids motivated, focused, organized, and perform closer to their true potential.
Cindy will help you design subtle changes in the environment to improve time management, working memory, motivation and emotional regulation that will benefit all children, not only those with ADHD. Walk away with new ideas, valuable handouts and important resources for teachers, parents, and students to manage homework, home/school communication, study-skills, behavior and more.
- Identify how executive functioning deficits are impacting students’ ability to successfully utilize classroom learning and perform well on curriculum objectives.
- List enhanced strategies for engaging and maintaining students’ attention and active participation.
- Apply subtle changes in classroom structure and environment to improve time management, organizational skills and study skills that will benefit all children, not only those with ADHD.
- Show how to reduce students’ stress levels so they can perform better and meet greater expectations
- Describe how participating in experiential exercises shows how adjustments in your approach can positively impact student leaning outcomes.
- Identify pre-arranged strategies to aid slower processors and distracted students.
ADHD and Executive Function Updates
- Notable changes in the new DSM-5®
- Relationship between ADHD and executive function
- Impact of ADHD beyond impulsivity, inattentiveness and hyperactivity
- Connection between executive function skills and academic performance – grades alone are not a measure for services
Strategies to Improve Attention, Organization, Time Management and Memory
- Graphic organizer and free websites to facilitate effective outlining and organizing
- Effective timers, paper organizers, and homework management systems
- Verbal and Visual prompts
- Keys to incorporate movement, fidgets, and mindfulness techniques
Strategies to Reduce Disruptive Behaviors, Stress & Anxiety
- Identify the lagging skills
- How to structure the environment
- Breathing techniques
- Create a safe atmosphere to experiment, explore and self-advocate
- Teach children to take a more active role facing their challenges
Techniques to Strengthen Emotional/Self-Regulation in School and at Home
- Improve problem solving and advocacy skills by increasing self-awareness and self-talk
- Pomodoro Time Management Technique for concentration and tenacity
- Environmental modifications to harness innate strengths – examples?
- Emotional reactions to medications
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.