Intensive Skin and Wound Care Course Day 2: Mastering Advanced Wound Care – Kim Saunders
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
Want Day 1? Click here for more information!
- Comprehensive wound problem-solving skills for the experienced wound or advanced practice clinician
- Clinical wound infection differentiation STONEES (deep infection) vs. NERDS (local infection)
- Surgical site infection prevention
- Treatment of complicated surgical wounds
- Neonatal specialized wound care
- Deep tissue injuries severity scale, predictive risk assessment tools and more
Wound care treatment in today’s healthcare environment is as challenging as ever. A wide variety of new treatment options, changing protocol guidelines and an ever-growing list of product choices can leave even those familiar with wound care questioning which path is best to follow. Attend this seminar and have those questions answered!
Attend this course and gain the advanced assessment skills and product knowledge you need to accurately match treatment plans with the presented wound care challenges. Go beyond the reach of most healthcare organizations concerning the utilization of dressings and treatment. Improve your understanding of infection control with the latest updates on drug-resistant organisms and antibiotic guidelines. Learn skills to accurately assess and manage atypical wounds, prevent and manage fistulas in large abdominal wounds, and manage complicated trunk wounds. You will be able to put that knowledge into practice as you learn how to judiciously use wound cleansers and antiseptic dressings to keep infection at bay.
By attending this seminar you will gain a wealth of knowledge in proper wound care that goes beyond the skills you learned in school. Become a powerful part of the solution and a high-valued asset for your facility by attending and taking your wound care skills beyond basic to state-of-the-art!
Core Assessment & Treatment per Etiology
- Arterial & Venous UPDATED GUIDELINES
- Pressure UPDATED GUIDELINES
- Shearing & Friction
- Surgical, Crush Injuries & Compartment Syndrome
Vasopressor Agents in the Critical Care
- Relationship to Pressure Ulcers
- Deep Tissue Injuries
- Ultrasound & DTI
- Classification of Gluteal Cleft & Buttocks Wounds
Management of Wounds of Lower-Extremity Neuropathic Disease (LEND): Executive Summary
- LEND Guideline Recommendations
- Interventions for LEND Ulcers
- Prevention & Education
- Consider Adjunctive Treatments
- Use of Leptospermum Honey
- Pectin Barrier for Skin Injury
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
Wounds and Bacteria
- Contamination, Colonization, Critical Colonization, Biofilm, Infection
- STONEES & NERDS
- Culture Standards: Levine Swab, Tissue, Aspiration, Bone
- Perspectives in Prevention & Treatment of Surgical Site Infections
- Superficial Incision SSI
- Deep Incisional SSI
- Organ/Space SSI
- Predict expected work-up per wound etiology.
- Connect vasopressors & surgery to pressure ulcers.
- Formulate the recommendations for wound management guidelines for Lower-Extremity Neuropathic Disease (LEND).
- Implement strategies for prevention of hospital-acquired condition: surgical site infections.
- Manage neonate wounds through evidence-based research.
- Describe the updated guidelines for pressure injuries and lower extremity ulcers.
- Explain the healing pattern of a venous stasis ulcer and explain the possibility of a mixed disease.
- Describe the adjunctive therapies applicable to heal a pressure injury.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.