iPad® Interventions for Occupational Therapists – Lorelei Woerner-Eisner
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Apply the potent accessibility features: video and camera functions, and Internet accessibility
- Promote motivation and carry over in your students
- Tips and techniques to benefit kids and support therapy beyond direct intervention
- Apps organized by category for easy reference, plus a host of resources
- Promote attention and alertness in fun, innovative ways.
- Bring this tech tool to life and enhance your client’s function from a whole child perspective.
Explore how the iPad® can extend beyond the apps and slick surface to truly integrate into your therapeutic interventions. Use this motivating and engaging therapy tool to enhance:
- motor skills
- visual perception
- sensory integration
- attending behaviors
- follow through and compliance
- and much more
This workshop brings this tech-tool to life and delves into the myriad of ways to use it to enhance your student’s function from a whole-child perspective. Put its power to work as your assistant in communication and collaboration, as well as a daily resource to support your interventions. And of course, we will look at the specifics on many of the apps from our expansive listing in the handbook!
Sought after pediatric occupational therapist, Lorelei Woerner-Eisner shares her 20 years of experience, continuing education, and therapeutic techniques, as well as her integrative perspective on wellness. You will leave this seminar with a wealth of practical strategies to enhance and invigorate your occupational therapy practice, and gain a broader view of the iPad®. You’ll leave with information that will increase your confidence in using this tool, ideas that will stimulate your own creativity and strategies that will increase cooperation and carry-over in your clients. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to build your iPad® skills to enhance your therapeutic impact and bring this tech tool to LIFE!
- Demonstrate how you can use the iPad® to facilitate social skills to behavioral interventions, as well as sensory strategies such as proprioceptive, vestibular and tactile input.
- Identify a wide array of therapeutic and engaging apps to help children learn, process, and develop, and the keys to using them effectively.
- Assess ergonomics and positioning challenges in using the iPad® and identify methods ofadaption and equipment to assist with your therapeutic interventions.
- Describe how the iPad® can be used as a powerful daily resource in keeping you organized and informed.
- Discover techniques of using the iPad® to facilitate transitions and completion of tasks for attention, communication and many more.
- Identify methods of using the iPad® to increase carry over with your clients through practical methods of conferencing, consultation and communication.
- Universal tools, designated supports and accommodations to aid in learning
- Vision limitations
- Hearing challenges
- Physical and motor difficulties
- Positioning and mounting systems
- Variety of stylus’
- Protective equipment/cases
- Keyboard and mouse applications
- Touch pads and switches
- Adaptations and modifications
- Intrinsic iPad® Functions
- What comes standard with the iPad®
- Cost-effective and creative ways to enhance therapy
- Hand/brain phylogenic development
- Hand/brain (homonculous) connection
- The importance of iPad® as an integrative tool
Become an Expert
- Find the latest info on the best apps
- Apps and sites that will support your work
Apps and Creative Methods Beyond the Apps to Facilitate:
- Gross motor
- Fine motor
- Oral motor
- Bilateral integration and lateralization
- Postural Praxis
- Praxis on verbal command
- Constructional Praxis
- Sequencing Praxis
- Proprioceptive input
- Vestibular processing
- Tactile discrimination and defensiveness
- Auditory processing
- Visual perception
- Visual motor and timing
Executive Function and “Non-cognitive Skills”
- Managing transitions
- Social/emotional skills
- Attention and mindfulness
- Challenging behaviors (anxiety, noncompliance, anger)
Facilitate Long-Term Effects of Therapy
- Carryover of skill training
- Communicating with other professionals
- Therapeutic relationship
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.