LEVEL II: Assessment, Intervention & Co-Morbidities presented by The Gottman Relationship Institute – John M. Gottman & Julie Schwartz Gottman
Sale Page :
Original Price: $550
You just : $142
The goal of this recording is to provide the learner with clinical familiarity, knowledge and resources to integrate Gottman Method Couples Therapy assessments and interventions into their practices. In this dynamic experience with Drs. John M. Gottman and Julie Schwartz Gottman, you will learn how to incorporate the research-based Gottman Assessment and Intervention Methods into your clinical practice. In these videos, you will:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen.”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding.
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions.
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their gridlocked conflicts.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning.
- Identify five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Core Assessments and implement interventions.
- Explain the basics of observation including why it’s important to recognize Emotions on the Human Face, Tension in the Voice, the Importance of Words and the use of the SPAFF coding system
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House theory
- Describe how to recognize Bids and Turning Towards
- Explain the components of the first three Assessment sessions
- Explain and demonstrate how to conduct an Oral History Interview
- Explain and demonstrate how to conduct a Feedback Session, including how to formulate a Treatment Plan and how to present it to the couple using the Sound Relationship House model
- Describe the use of the core assessments with couples, including the Locke-Wallace, Weiss-Cerretto, Gottman Sounds Relationship House Questionnaires, Gottman 19 Areas Checklist, EAQ, SCL-90, Detour Scales, CAGE, and b-MAST
- Explain and demonstrate the rules for Gentle Start Up
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Prepare couples to physiologically soothe when flooded
- Select and implement interventions to help deal with conflict
- Apply different modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couples interaction
- Assist couples to establish dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Instruct couples on how to work towards compromise on perpetual problems using the Two Oval method
- Describe the five steps of processing a fight or a regrettable incident using the Aftermath of A Fight intervention
- Use and describe the Stress-Reducing Conversation to minimize relapse
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” by working on Fondness and Admiration
- Select and implement interventions to help couples Build Shared Meaning with Rituals of Connection
- Identify and formulate a plan for different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Method Couples Therapy Assessment and Intervention
- Describe how to apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy to a couple who has experienced an affair
- Describe when it is appropriate and inappropriate to use Gottman Method Couples Therapy with a couple dealing with substance abuse
- Describe how to apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy to a couple experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Describe the differences between situational and characterological domestic violence and when it is appropriate and inappropriate to use Gottman Method Couples Therapy with a couple dealing with domestic violence
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.