Managing ADHD in School: The Best Evidence-Based Methods – Russell A. Barkley
Sale Page :
Original Price: $59
You just : $15
Education is the most prevalent domain of impaired major life activities associated with ADHD in children and teens with more than 90% of them having significant problems functioning effectively in this setting. School is also the most seriously impaired domain relative to all other domains such as family, peer, and community functioning. Mental Health professionals therefore are routinely called upon to advise families and educators on the most appropriate methods for managing ADHD related symptoms, behavioral problems, and academic performance difficulties in school settings. This recording contains more than 80 recommendations for school management strategies to deal with ADHD children and adolescents.
- Communicate the nature of ADHD and its deficits in executive functioning that directly impact school adjustment
- Employ a variety of behavioral methods that can be used in the management of ADHD symptoms and associated behavioral and learning problems in children and teens.
- Recommend a variety of school accommodations that can be made to the curriculum and physical environment to reduce the degree of impairment in school functioning that may be associated with ADHD in children and teens.
- Understanding the Symptoms of ADHD as Deficits in Executive Functioning
- Touchstone Principles for Management
- Classroom Management: Basic Considerations
- Ideas for Deskwork
- About That Homework
- Instructional Tips
- Peer Tutoring
- Behavioral Contracts
- Increasing Incentives
- Using School-Home Reports & Home-Based Consequences
- Daily School Report Cards
- Problems with Transitions? Make a Transition Plan
- Externalizing Rules and Time
- Disciplinary Tactics
- Keys to Effective Time Out
- The Challenging Horizons Program for Teens
- Other Tips for Teens
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.