Massachusetts Mental Health & The Law 2017: Ethics & Risk-Management from the Legal and Mental Health Perspective – Robert Landau & Frederic Reamer
Sale Page :
Original Price: $200
You just : $54
Experience this unique opportunity as Attorney Robert Landau and Dr. Frederic Reamer collaborate using recent case law and case studies to demonstrate best practice/protocols in mental health law.
Join Dr. Reamer and Mr. Landau as they collaborate to deliver an interactive, dynamic presentation on ever-changing mental health laws and protocols. Keeping up-to-date is essential in order to protect your clients and yourself. In this comprehensive recording you will gain an understanding of risk management, documentation, informed consent, confidentiality, privilege, and ethical issues from both the legal and the social work point of view, to stay on top of issues that arise in everyday clinical situations.
- Articulate ethical challenges and risks involving boundary issues from a legal perspective.
- Communicate risk management tips to avoid licensing board complaints and lawsuits.
- Determine ethical challenges and risks involving boundary issues from a social work perspective.
- Implement ethical decision-making protocols to protect clients and minimize risk.
- Establish legal and ethical standards related to confidentiality in mental health.
- Ascertain ethical/legal standards of care.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF MEDICAL & MENTAL HEALTH RECORDS
Robert Landau 3.0 Ethics
- Insurance Coverage
- Importance of Documentation
- Best Practices/Risk Management: Tips to Avoid Claims and Suits
- Importance of Peer, Ethics and Legal Consultation
- Informed Consent
- Confidentiality and Exceptions
- Duty to Warn/Protect
- Relevant Statutes and Regulations
- Licensing Board Complaints
- Responding to Subpoenas
- Working with Attorneys
- Defending Lawsuits
ETHICAL DILEMMAS: TRENDS, CHALLENGES, & RISKS
Frederic Reamer 3.0 Ethics
- Trends in Malpractice Claims & Ethics Complaints
- Ethical Challenges & Risks:
+ Confidentiality + Privacy
+ Informed Consent + Boundary Issues
+ Conflicts of Interest + Digital & Electronic Relationships
+ High-risk Treatment + Termination of Services
+ Defamation + Documentation
+ Impaired Professionals + Privileged Communication
- Key Concepts: Malpractice, Negligence, & Ethics Violations
ETHICAL DILEMMAS: DECISION MAKING, RISK MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
- Handling Difficult Ethical Judgments/Decisions
- Ethics Consultation & Ethics Committees
- Ethical/Legal Standards of Care
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.