Multisensory Interventions for Speech, Language & Early Literacy: Creative Puppetry, Print & Play Techniques for Young Children – Linda Siciliano
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- 10-step hands-on, multisensory approach for speech and early literacy
- Strategies for children with attentional, sensory, articulation, linguistic/phonological needs and those at risk for reading disorders
- Accelerate communication skills through the power of pairing puppetry with personal print experiences
Complete this workshop and discover innovative intervention activities and instructional strategies to empower young children with attentional, sensory, articulation, linguistic/ phonological needs and those at risk for reading disorders who struggle with language, sound production and early literacy foundation skills.
Through the use of puppets, manipulatives and hands-on activities, storytelling and video examples-walk away with multimodal, multisensory teaching strategies with an emphasis on student learning through tactile/kinesthetic input, such as:
- reproducible manipulatives and corresponding alphabet chart to construct all 26 sounds of the alphabet and connect them to print
- template for unique stories and poems to personalize for instruction
- 10 original illustrated nursery rhyme characters for use as language and literacy tools
- copy-ready lesson plan template for multisensory instruction
Leave this workshop equipped with new strategies, materials and activities to promote:
- Rhyme and syllable level
- Words starting/ending with the same sound
- Representation of the number of sounds in words
- Emergent writing
- Identifying, sequencing and producing sounds
- Communicate the rationale for using a manipulative-based approach to speech and literacy foundation skills.
- Incorporate multisensory strategies to support phonological awareness, alphabet knowledge and phoneme-grapheme correspondence and compare to other current methods utilized.
- Summarize and prioritize language-based areas of importance in supporting reading comprehension and decoding skills.
- Integrate puppets and props to develop narrative structure and a variety of language concepts.
- Create personalized stories and poems to improve students’ language skills while maximizing engagement.
- Develop an action plan for implementation of new strategies across school-to-home setting.
Part I: Language Interventions
Build Success for Students with Communication Needs: From Theory to Practice
- Speech and language foundations for early literacy
- The role of play, imagination and engagement in achievement
- Construct learning through manipulatives
- A solid evidence base for multisensory intervention
- Access for ALL: Universal Design for Learning
Strategies for Speaking and Listening
- Multisensory methods to improve speech/phonology
- Vocabulary/semantics, grammar and morphology through iPad, puppets and props
- Pragmatic skills through puppets and role-play
- Video modeling of play routines
- Interrogative structures with hands-on activities
Set the Stage for Narrative Development
- Puppetry for story elements
- Visual and Kinesthetic tools
- Unique, personalized texts to engage your students
Part II: Connecting Language to Literacy: Interventions For Home and School
Strong Foundation for Early Literacy
Print Concepts: learning about print in an interactive way
Alphabet recognition with multisensory supports
Play with phonological awareness to build explicit awareness of:
- rhyme and syllable level
- words starting/ending with the same sound
- representation of the number of sounds in words
- phoneme deletion and manipulation
- 10-Step hands-on approach to connect sound production with phonics, word recognition and phonological skills
- Create an action plan tailored for each child
- Multisensory strategies in an RTI tiered intervention model
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.