Neuromuscular and Neurodegenerative Disorders – Susan Fralick-Ball
Sale Page :
Original Price: $200
You just : $54
- Managing the Many Medications for Multiple Sclerosis
- How to Keep the Alzheimer’s Disease Patient Safe
- Education Needs of the Myasthenia Gravis Patient
- New Drugs Available for Parkinson’s Disease
- Put Yourself in the Shoes of the Patient with Guillain-Barré
- Meeting Quality of Life Issues for the Patient with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
You work with patients every day who have been devastated by the diagnosis of a neuromuscular or neurodegenerative disorder. Patients are overwhelmed physically and emotionally and their families are stressed about providing the care their loved ones need. They look to you, their healthcare provider, for answers and the reality is you are challenged trying to manage the complexity of the disease process, ensuring compliance with the multiple medications prescribed and identifying strategies to maintain the patient’s quality of life. Susan Fralick-Ball understands these challenges because she has worked with these patients for over 40 years and her insights are remarkable. Join her for this comprehensive program guaranteed to provide you with the latest updates on medications, the most effective symptom management strategies and tools you can use the very next day to improve the care you provide.
- Categorize the risks and benefits of the newer drugs for Multiple Sclerosis.
- Assess the degree of fatigue found in MS and its management plan.
- Plan for safety in the care of the patient with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Formulate an educational plan for the patient with Myasthenia Gravis.
- Analyze the different drugs to treat Parkinson’s disease, choosing the best option to treat the patient’s symptoms.
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of Deep Brain Stimulation.
- Develop a plan for prevention of secondary injury for the patient with Guillain-Barré.
- Prioritize the quality of life needs for the patient with ALS.
- Initial Signs & Symptoms
- Diagnostic Criteria
- Medication Management from A to Z
- New Medications Available
- Symptom Management Strategies
- Coping with Disabling Fatigue
- Principles for a Dignified Diagnosis
- Know the 10 Signs
- Identifying the Stage
- Ensuring a Safe Environment
- Advance Directives & Patient Wishes
- Medication Options to Slow Progression
- Risk Factors
- Medications to Avoid
- The Autoimmune Process
- Clinical Presentation
- Pathways to Recovery
- Medication Options
- Cholinergic vs. Myasthenic Crisis
- Critical Education Needs for Compliance
- What We Know & Don’t Know
- Major Motor & Non-Motor Symptoms
- Secondary Manifestations
- Deciding When to Add Medications
- New Medications for Symptom Management
- Effectiveness of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Alternative Treatment Options
- Disease Variants
- Clinical Course of Recovery
- Treatment Options
- Preventing Secondary Injury
- Psychological Stressors for the Patient & Family
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Progression Challenges
- Symptoms Related to Area of Loss
- Interventions by Symptom
- Assessing Quality of Life Issues
- Clinical Trials for Treatment
- Alternative Means of Communication
- Helping the Family Cope with End of Life Concerns
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.