Oppositional, Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder & Delinquency: Proven Techniques for Your Toughest Teens – Jeremy Jewell
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
Teens with ODD, CD and delinquent behavior are some of the most treatment-resistant clients that you will face. Typical problematic behavior in these clients includes manipulation, bullying, violence towards peers and adults, theft, lying, and many more.
Join Dr. Jeremy Jewell, dually credentialed licensed clinical psychologist and licensed school psychologist, as he gives you the tools you need to improve your effectiveness with these teens. Watch this seminar and gain practical techniques you can apply to all phases of therapy, including how to:
- Connect and build rapport more quickly by tapping into the client’s own goals
- Dramatically improve client motivation and ‘buy in’ through Socratic questioning techniques
- Identify and replace common patterns of delinquent thinking
- Defuse clients’ core feelings of anger and entitlement
- Apply mindfulness practices to treat anger and violent behavior
- Involve parents to reinforce techniques in the home
Dr. Jewell brings 15 years of experience treating this specialized population in clinics, residential treatment centers, and schools to this seminar. Through the use of case studies, discussion, and role play, his energetic and humorous approach will help you quickly become more comfortable treating this population. Dr. Jewell has authored the only two programs in existence focused on treating youth in short term detention (Relaxation Skills Violence Prevention program (RSVP) and the Compassion Approach to Learning Meditation program (CALM)). Gain confidence in your ability to transform the most difficult client by learning the innovative treatment strategies contained in these programs and much more
- Plan critical treatment goals for teens with disruptive behavior disorders and delinquency.
- Utilize strategies to improve rapport with disruptive and delinquent adolescents to increase client ‘buy in’.
- Articulate the cognitive model and common criminal cognitive distortions to improve client insight and motivation.
- Apply various CBT techniques to generate replacement thoughts.
- Implement relaxation skills training and compassion meditation to reduce anger.
- Analyze current behavior intervention plans to improve their effectiveness in the home and classroom.
Disruptive Behavior Disorders & Delinquency
- The function of disruptive behavior
- Trajectory of disruptive behavior disorders
- Juvenile delinquency
Connecting with the Disruptive Teen
- The perspective of the disruptive teen
- Rapport building strategies with poorly motivated teens
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Motivational interviewing techniques to increase engagement
- Socratic questioning to improve ‘buy in’
Cognitive Therapy Techniques to Reframe Delinquent Thinking Patterns
- Role play using a dysfunctional thought record
- The top 7 disruptive and delinquent thinking patterns
- Advanced techniques to reframe your client’s criminal cognitive distortions, such as
- “Rules apply to others but not to me”
- “I’m not bullying, I’m helping other kids ‘toughen up’”
- “I deserve what I take because I’ve had a hard life”
- “You have to defend your reputation or else others will think you’re weak”
Behavioral Therapy Techniques to Reduce Anger and Anxiety
- The physical, emotional, and psychological benefits of relaxation skills training
- Core relaxation skills to decrease teen anger and violence
- Deep breathing to tackle toxic anger
- Guided Imagery as an alternative to violence
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation for non-responders
- Simple tricks to stop lying in its tracks
Improve Compliance in School and Home
- Differential reinforcement and attention to curb arguments
- Effective commands to increase teens’ compliance
- Simple tips to improve behavioral intervention plans
- Mentoring and other advanced techniques to treat severe criminality
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.