Perianesthesia Challenges – Delores “Dolly” Ireland
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
Have you seen it? It’s still an emergency! Know what to do.
ANESTHETICS & ADJUNCTS
Ever wondered how or why they choose one over another? Find out the facts.
LOCAL ANESTHETIC SYSTEM TOXICITY – LAST
Do you have that Lipid infusion ready? Did you know why you should? Case studies revealed!
You are named in malpractice litigation! Now what? Learn from an expert witness/legal reviewer what NOT to do!
CPAN or CAPA CERTIFICATION
Do you WANT those initials? Learn from an ABPANC coach!
Exploring the mystery of what’s new and the old favorites. Let’s think outside the box!
If you care for patients in the perianesthesia, operative, interventional or diagnostic setting who receive sedation, anesthesia and analgesia, this seminar is for YOU! Attend this seminar and learn from someone who has “walked” in YOUR shoes! Dolly has over 46 years of nursing experience and 40 years of experience in the specialty of perianesthesia nursing. She understands your challenges and will give you standard specific solutions to those challenges!
Delores “Dolly” Ireland, MSN, RN, CAPA, CPN, will tell you the story of the 17-year-old patient who developed severe malignant hyperthermia . . . before Dantrolene and he walked out of the hospital without side effects!! Hear his amazing journey and share the emotions of the health care team. Learn the latest protocols to stop local anesthetic toxicity in its tracks! Gain knowledge from an expert legal witness on how to prevent malpractice situations. Create positive teamwork and make it FUN to go to work!
Learn skills from a certification coach on resources, core knowledge, and essential skills necessary for successful CPAN/CAPA certification. Have your patient be the one who tells others about their “certified nurse”! Whether you work in the outpatient or inpatient setting, this seminar will increase your confidence in caring for your patients, increase patient satisfaction and create optimal patient outcomes.
- Exploit the “whys” and “hows” of specialty certification.
- Investigate the pharmacology and physiology of frequently-used induction, inhalation, neuromuscular blocking and reversal agents used in the perianesthesia setting.
- Communicate appropriate management strategies for acute pain in the postoperative setting.
- Determine interventions for postop complications, Local Anesthetic Systemic Toxicity (LAST), and Malignant Hyperthermia (MH)
- Analyze malpractice concerns, ASPAN standards, and effective documentation as driving forces in appropriate patient care.
- Explore the effectiveness of a team-centered approach on perianesthesia practice and values.
ANESTHESIA AGENTS & ADJUNCTSUNDERSTANDING THE PLAN!
- Ever wondered why one anesthetic is chosen over another? What about that COPD patient or that patient with liver problems? Answers to these and other challenging anesthesia situations will be discussed
- Anesthetics: General, regional, moderate sedation, benzodiazepines, opioids
- Waste gas concerns
- Specific patient challenges
- Have you witnessed or taken care of MH? Do you think it no longer exists or isn’t a medical emergency? Think again!
- Malignant Hyperthermia (MH) pathophysiology
- Signs and symptoms – Immediate recognition!
- Do you have lipid infusions immediately available when performing local anesthesia? Why?
- LAST (Local Anesthetic Systemic Toxicity) pathophysiology
- Signs and symptoms – Know the earliest!
- Learn “why” lipids and hear relevant real life case scenarios!
- Other pertinent post-op complications
- Hemodynamic, cardiac, pulmonary, respiratory
- You are being named in a medical malpractice case! What now?
- How do you prevent this from happening? What you should and shouldn’t do!
- Legalities, negligence, and torts
- Documentation – Hear from an expert witness/legal reviewer how your documentation will be viewed and how to improve it!
- ASPAN standards
- What’s new on the horizon for pain control?
- What is EBP research showing?
- New medications
- Old medications still being used
- Thinking outside the box
- Economic strategies
- Why do some departments sail through the changes in health care without problems?
- Why do some nurses tell you they LOVE to go to work and others are struggling daily?
- Learn through hands-on applications and role playing from a leader in the field of “building teams”
- Put your hospital at the TOP of the HCAHPS!
- CASE STUDIES AND SCENARIOS!
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.