Practical Approach to the Physical Assessment: The Clinician&s Roadmap – Rachel Cartwright-Vanzant
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- The Essentials of An Individualized Treatment Program
- What are the Contraindications you MUST Know?
- The Latest AACVPR Updates
- Supporting Patient Adherence
- Measuring Patient Outcomes for Progress
- Inpatient vs. Outpatient Criteria
- The Latest Reimbursement Changes: How Confident are You?
- The Future of Technology Use in Cardiac Rehabilitation
This dynamic one-day event will provide you with the intricacies of developing, maintaining and continuing an effective cardiac rehabilitation program. Karyn Gallivan will explore ways to increase referrals and support patient adherence while in a cardiac rehabilitation program. How confident are you in your performance improvement processes? Are you meeting the current billing/qualifying standards out there? Most importantly, do you have the right equipment, staff, and tools, to promote optimal patient outcomes from services? The most up-to-date information will be presented including insurance reforms and strategies to increase reimbursement. Karyn will incorporate interesting case studies to highlight key take away messages throughout the day. Make plans now to attend. We understand how busy you are… and guarantee this program will prove to be immediately of value as you return the next day to the patients entrusted to your care!
Designing a Cardiac Rehab Program
- Equipment needs – must haves/nice to haves
- Covering the bases – addressing aerobic, resistance and flexibility needs
- Limitations of space to consider
- Departmental staffing (acuity/census)
Cardiac Rehabilitation: Individualized Treatment Plans
- Key considerations for exercise programs
- Patient goals to reduce further cardiac risk
- Exercise prescription for aerobic and resistance training in the cardiac patient
- Contraindications you MUST be aware of
Evidence-Based Practice Changes
- Core competencies to incorporate the current best practices
- The latest AACVPR updates
- Process improvement initiatives to “drive” success
Demonstrating Patient Outcomes
- Establishing initial goals for the patient
- Quantifying/measuring patient progress
- Is the patient ready for discharge?
- Collaborating with the patient on a plan for home
- Anticipated and realistic quality of life
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Phases
- Phase 1 – The acute phase
- How to capture different diagnoses
- Phase 2 – The subacute phase
- When to start
- Continuing patients towards progress
- The concern with re-admissions
- Phase 3 – Intensive outpatient
- Strategies to encourage patient commitment at this phase
- Phase 4 – Independent ongoing conditioning
- The ultimate goal
Specialized Needs by Cardiac Diagnosis/Patient
- Status post stent
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Heart transplant
- Older Adults
Overcoming Key Obstacles
- Obama Care
- Do you understand all the changes?
- CMS coverage vs. private insurance
- Making insurance coverage work for you
- Number of sessions
- Continuing to qualify for services
- Relieving the physician offices
- Physician Referrals
- How to educate/market to increase referrals
- Getting the physician to “buy” in to Cardiac Rehab
- Easing physician burden on Medical Supervision requirements
- Patient Challenges
- Smoking Cessation
- Commitment to lifestyle changes – Exercise/Diet
- Adherence to pharmacological therapies
- Risk factor management
- New Exercise Modalities
- Skype appointments/monitoring
- Virtual reality
- Making the most of available technology
- Analyze the functional benefits of cardiac rehabilitation for a variety of specific patient types.
- Differentiate between the goals, outcomes, and coverage considerations between inpatient and outpatient cardiac rehabilitation programs.
- Develop strategies to promote patient adherence following completion of a formal cardiac rehabilitation program.
- Formulate effective interventions to the common and less common obstacles in cardiac rehabilitation.
- Analyze current insurance and other payment sources pertinent to cardiac rehabilitation coverage.
- Construct a plan for the future of cardiac rehabilitation services.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.