Pre- and Post-Operative Complications: Prevent a Surgical Related Emergency – Delores “Dolly” Ireland & Dr. Michael Greco
Sale Page :
Original Price: $200
You just : $54
PRE- AND POST-OPERATIVE COMPLICATIONS: PREVENT A SURGICAL RELATED EMERGENCY – DELORES “DOLLY” IRELAND & DR. MICHAEL GRECO
Pre- and post-operative complications can be fatal if not recognized and treated rapidly. You want to see all of your patients thriving, but surgical complications are tricky…while many pre- and post-operative complications (like potentially–fatal malignant hyperthermia) can occur in the immediate post–operative period, some may present later in the follow–up care. Your patients and their loved ones are counting on your observational and rapid response skills to keep them safe.
If you care for patients who receive sedation, anesthesia or analgesia in the perianesthesia, operative, intervention or inpatient setting, this online course is for you!
Through case studies and the latest evidence–based practice guidelines, two hand–picked experts give you the skills and insights you need to address your greatest clinical challenges and prevent malpractice situations.
Walk away with answers to questions like:
- What are the unique needs of my Obese, Pediatric, Geriatric & Obstetric patients?
- How should I respond to post-operative cardiac and respiratory emergencies?
- Why is one anesthetic used over another? And what does that mean for post-op recovery needs?
- How can false imprisonment laws be broken through use of patient restraints?
- In which circumstances should an endotracheal tube be used vs. laryngeal mask when giving general anesthesia?
- What is the best way to treat post–op nausea and vomiting when these symptoms are impacted by multiple receptors?
Mistakes that aren’t properly cared for have great consequences for the patient, individual nurse and organization…learn to anticipate what your patients need and when to call for help so you, your patients and your facility stay safe!
Here’s what you will learn in this comprehensive online course:
Part 1: Perianesthesia Challenges
- Anesthesia techniques
- Stages of anesthesia
- Anesthetic agents
- Patient controlled analgesia
- Epidural block
- Non–pharmacological interventions
- Abandonment risks
- When surgical consents are required and when they are not
- Advantages and disadvantages of electronic documentation
- Certification: CPAN and CAPA
- Tips to increase odds of passing
- Test taking characteristics to avoid
- Personal malpractice insurance — should you have it?
- Preparing for suspected malignant hypertension response
- Myocardial ischemia
- Waste anesthesia gas
- Post–op nausea and vomiting
- Surgical pain — what to expect
- Learn to LOVE your job
Part 2: Post–Op Emergencies
- Preoperative assessments
- Sleep apnea and surgery
- Symptoms and history that are red flags in preoperative interviews
- Medications to hold on the day of surgery
- Advantages and disadvantages of general anesthesia
- Differentiating spinal block and epidural block
- Post–dural puncture headache
- Guedel’s 4 stages of general anesthesia
- Inhalation agents & volatile anesthetics
- Opioid types and antagonists
- Neuromuscular blocking drugs
- Depolarizing muscle relaxants
- Malignant hyperthermia
- Medications — high volumes, mixing challenges, expenses…
- Population challenges — geriatric, pediatric, obstetric, obese
- Effects of anesthesia on the neurological system
- Why your patient reports of surgical pain
- Techniques to decrease postoperative pain
- Principal routes for toxicity
- Lipid rescue
- Emergence delirium
- Cerebral vascular accidents
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Post–operative urinary retention
- Electrolyte imbalances
- TURP syndromes
- Pulmonary, venous and fat embolism
- Upper airway obstruction
- Myocardial infarction & post–operative dysrhythmias
Hypo vs. hyperglycemia results
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.