Prevent a Patient Crisis: Simulation Lab Scenarios & Critical Skills to Update Your Practice – Pam Collins & Robin Gilbert
Sale Page :
Original Price: $299
You just : $84
See it coming. Intervene early. Prevent a code.
Ideally, your job isn’t to run a good code…but to prevent the code from ever happening. The early warning signs are key — know them, notice them, interpret them within the whole clinical picture, then act appropriately and confidently.
When a patient begins deteriorating, are you overwhelmed and uncertain?
Are you afraid you’ll miss subtle but crucial clues?
Demonstrate confidence, competence, and proficiency during the next patient crisis.
This online course will walk you step by step through the skills you need — from good communication to advanced critical thinking, and everything in between
Simulation Lab Video Case Studies
Three real-life scenarios are brought to life in this unique online course.
The ‘patient’ talks, vital signs change, EKG rhythms require interpretation. Quick assessments, on-target interventions, and critical thinking are demonstrated and explained.
A debriefing follows each scenario to look at what was done well, and what could have been done better.
In addition the invaluable simulation videos, you’ll get two engaging, high-energy presentations on patient crisis and emergencies. Walk away with advanced knowledge, tools, strategies, and interventions that will transform your practice — and ultimately help you save lives.
- The dangers of being too task-oriented
- How to stay out of court, and how to protect yourself if you do end up there
- Documentation samples — examples of good and poor documentation
- How to get your busy coworkers to weigh in on your patient’s condition
- The earliest sign of trouble may not be what you think
- Strategies to differentiate the complaint of abdominal pain
- Tips to interpret EKG findings — don’t miss life-threatening changes
- 3 easy steps for ABG interpretation (yes, really!)
- A unique assessment tool to detect hypocalcemia — before seizures and respiratory stress set in
- …and so much more!
Today’s nurses care for more patients with higher acuity than ever before. Know who is at risk, recognize the warning signs, and prevent a crisis before it happens. The vital difference in effective nursing is in the ability to “see it coming”. Return to your practice more prepared than ever to identify and manage — and even prevent — the next patient emergency!
Here’s what your colleagues have to say about this training.
- Loved the hands on component. Great presenter, very engaging! — Kayla, RN
- Great case studies! Would recommend! — Jasmin, RN
- I needed this update. I realize I was behind the times… — Claire, RN
- Good blend of personal experiences shared and research supported material. — Brandy, RN
- Best presenter I’ve been to throughout my career. — Katherine, RN
- Very energetic presentation. Kept group engaged! — Barry, RN
- Extremely knowledgeable. I enjoyed every minute of the presentation! — Eilleen, RN
- She brought the subject matter to life with her knowledge and experiences. She covered a lot of information in a way that could be easily understood and will be applied to my own practice. — Dyan, RN
Here’s what you’ll learn in this comprehensive online course:
Managing Bedside Emergencies Critical Skills for Managing a Patient in Crisis with Pam Collins, MSN, CMSRN, RN-BC
- Tools to Sharpen Your Crisis Management Strategies
- 6 Fail-Proof Steps to Rhythm Interpretation
- Critical Actions for “I’m Having Chest Pain!”
- Abdominal Pain: What is it REALLY Telling You?
You have a daunting challenge of recognizing subtle changes in a patient’s condition that can lead to a medical emergency. Do you know what to do for the older woman who suddenly doesn’t know her name or the joint replacement patient who suddenly complains of chest pain? These are scary situations, but you don’t have to panic! Pam Collins, MSN, CMSRN, RN-BC will share clinical insights to sharpen your skills in identification and management for a wide variety of bedside nursing emergencies, including: neurological, cardiac and GI emergencies.
Managing Bedside Emergencies Key Interventions & Documentation Strategies During a Patient Emergency with Pam Collins, MSN, CMSRN, RN-BC
- Prevention, Presentation and Action for the Most Common Nursing Emergencies
- ABG Analysis Made Easy
- Respiratory Emergencies: Quick Assessment Strategies for Rapid Action
- Documenting High Risk Situations
Expert speaker, Pam Collins, MSN, CMSRN, RN-BC, will help you get the best tools and strategies for early identification and management of emergencies such as pneumonia, pulmonary embolism, respiratory failure, as well as the variety of post-op complications that can present. Leave this online training, more prepared than ever to identify and manage your next patient emergency!
Simulation Lab Scenarios to Prevent a Real Patient Crisis with Robin Gilbert, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN
Robin Gilbert, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN will use simulation scenarios to identify patients whose condition is deteriorating, the appropriate interventions, and desired outcomes. Simulation provides a non-threatening approach to high-risk scenarios that will ultimately improve patient safety. The realism of simulation can improve failure to rescue situations in actual patient care. During the scenarios, the mannequins will respond based on the interventions delivered for a variety of high risk situations, including:
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Respiratory Crisis
- Acute Change in LOC
Viewing these simulations will allow you to think through the action you might plan to take for the patient and further reflect on her best practice recommendations and rationale that follow. Virtual simulation is self-paced to allow for personal assessment of strengths and weaknesses. Learning through simulation scenarios provides immediate feedback, in a safe environment, which builds confidence and provides an excellent bridge to real-life patient care situations.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.