Psychiatric Emergencies: How to Accurately Assess and Manage the Patient in Crisis – Deborah Antai-Otong
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
THIS COMPREHENSIVE SEMINAR COVERS:
- Violent and aggressive behavior
- Suicidal behavior
- Psychotic emergencies including psychosis-related to medical conditions
- Substance-related emergencies; intoxication and withdrawal
- Traumatic stress reactions
- Emergencies related to mood and anxiety disorders
- Family crises
You are expected to rapidly form a therapeutic alliance, rule out medical conditions, accurately assess symptoms and appropriate dispositions. These situations necessitate a “fast pace” that demands astute judgment and clinical skills. Watch this practical seminar on psychiatric emergencies and you will receive critical information and skills you need to manage these situations effectively.
- Describe psychiatric emergencies arising from psychotic disorders.
- Assess intoxication and withdrawal symptoms of major psychoactive drugs.
- Differentiate symptoms of delirium and dementia.
- Distinguish medical and psychiatric causes of psychosis.
- Outline major de-escalating measures in potentially violent patients.
- Design a plan of care for a patient presenting with a psychiatric emergency.
- Compile populations at risk for suicide and homicide.
- Designate measures that reduce the aftermath of emotional trauma in healthcare professionals.
The Psychosocial Assessment
- Differential Diagnosis
Psychotic Disorders Emergencies
- Bipolar Disorder, Manic Episode
- Psychosis Related to General Medical Condition
- Other medical conditions
- Endocrine disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Pulmonary disorders
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Delirium tremens
- Acute Stage
- Medical interventions
- Stabilization Stage
- Stimulants that Affect the Central Nervous System
- Acute Management
Managing Violent/Aggressive Behaviors
- The Suicidal Client
- Suspect drug overdose
- The Homicidal Client
- The Self-mutilating Client
Mood Disorders: Emergencies
Anxiety Disorder: Emergencies
- Domestic Violence Survivor
- Rape Survivor
- Acute Stress Reaction
- Child and Adolescent
- Geriatric Emergencies
- Crisis Intervention
Questions and Answers
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.