Psychopharmacology in Plain English: 2-Day Conference – Kenneth Carter
Sale Page :
Original Price: $300
You just : $84
Clear, Concise, and Current Information on Psychotropic Medications
Does this sound familiar? Your clients are taking multiple psychotropic medications prescribed by different health care professionals. You watch as prescriptions stream in from psychiatrists, family physicians, nurse practitioners, and others, and you discover that your clients have no idea who wrote which prescription or why they are even taking the medication. You realize that despite the confusion, you still have a responsibility to know your clients’ symptoms and reactions to medications, and to coordinate their care.
In this recording, Dr. Kenneth Carter goes further in depth with practical and useful information that you need to advocate for your clients. You will get the latest information on antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, medications for insomnia, and others. You will dive deeper into the ethical decisions that accompany their use. After this of dynamic training, you will leave better prepared to communicate with your clients as well as the prescribers, as Dr. Carter instructs you on how the medications work, their benefits, and the side effects and dangerous reactions associated with them.
- Analyze the historical antecedents of psychopharmacological products and their relation to today’s psychotropic medications.
- Designate the mechanism of action of today’s psychotropic medications and how it relates to your clients.
- Breakdown the process of medication selection and receptor activation/blocking for specific disorders.
- Communicate the side effects including nutritional, cognitive, sexual, and behavioral associated with psychotropic medications.
- Specify how medications are chosen for depressive disorders and specific patient characteristics.
- Compile medication treatment options for your clients with ADHD.
- Determine the unique medication considerations for geriatric clients.
- Analyze future trends, including preventing side effects vs. managing side effects.
- Establish ethical issues specifically relating to the limits of non-prescribers’’ discussion of medications as it relates to clinical psychopharmacology.
- Explore specific ethical issues and their resolve to the everyday practice of clinical psychopharmacology.
PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY ETHICS FOR NON-PRESCRIBERS
- Case Study
- Understanding the challenges of psychopharmacology ethics
- Reasons to be knowledgeable about psychopharmacology
- Ways to increase success with medications
- Lessons from other disciplines
- Understanding the limits of non-prescribers’ discussion of medications
- Ethics codes
- Informed consent and medications
- Common questions clients have about medications
- Guidelines for discussing medications with clients
- Collaborating with prescribers
- The terminology of psychopharmacology
- General overview of the nervous system
- Finding your way around the nervous system
- The parts of the neuron
- How neurons communicate
- What the body does to medications
- What medications do to the body
- Receptors and Ligands
- Routes of administration for medications
- Drug-drug interactions
- Understanding genetic testing
- Neurobiology of depressive disorders
- Medications for depressive disorders
ANXIETY AND RELATED DISORDERS
- Disorders with anxiety components
- Neurobiology of anxiety disorders
- Medications for anxiety disorders
- Neurobiology of psychotic disorders
- Medications for psychotic disorders
- Neurobiology of bipolar disorders
- Medications for bipolar disorders
ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER
- ADHD diagnostic criteria and basic concepts
- Neurobiology of ADHD
- Medications for ADHD
- Medication delivery systems for ADHD
- Sleep and insomnia concepts
- Neurobiology of insomnia
- Medications for insomnia
PHARMACOTHERAPY OF SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- Geriatric psychopharmacology
OVER-THE-COUNTER AND HERBALS
ADDRESSING CLIENTS’ CONCERNS ABOUT MEDICATIONS
RESOURCES TO IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.