Self-Compassion Tools for Teens: Overcoming Shame & the “Inner Critic” – Karen Bluth
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
Participate in self-compassion strategies that can reduce stress, depression, and anxiety, while discovering how to build resilience and inner strength in the teens you work with. By watching this interactive recording, you will learn to help teens navigate these challenging years, by teaching regulation skills when emotions are skyrocketing, and practices to ease stress and bring comfort when the tough times hit.
- Strategies to quiet the “inner critic”
- In-the-moment strategies for anxiety, depression, and stress
- Developmentally-appropriate engaging exercises
- Guided meditation practices to initiate self-kindness
- Research-supported practices that lower stress
Watch self-compassion expert and author, Karen Bluth, Ph.D, and become fully immersed in the practices of self-compassion for your teen clients. Even more importantly, you will learn a treatment plan to implement immediately!
- Summarize the physiological effects of self-compassion practices and its impact on mental health symptoms.
- Teach self-compassion strategies to adolescent clients as a method for decreasing symptoms of anxiety.
- Articulate how self-compassion practices can improve adolescent clients’ ability to manage stress effectively.
- Consider ways in which self-compassion tools can decrease symptoms of depression in adolescent clients.
- Design a plan to incorporate developmentally-appropriate mindfulness and self-compassion skills to implement into one’s clinical practice.
- Communicate findings regarding self-compassion research exploring the connection between key brain regions and mental health and recognize how understanding neurological processes can help professionals improve clinical outcomes.
- Self-Compassion for Teens
- Dr. Kristin Neff’s 3 components of self-compassion
- Self-compassion compared to mindfulness: Similarities and differences
- Misgivings about self-compassion
- Research on self-compassion and teens
- Interactive/Experiential Interventions to:
- Lower stress
- Lessen depression
- Decrease anxiety
- Alleviate negative mood
- Quiet their inner critic
- Build resilience
- Strengthen self-appreciation
- Increase sense of gratitude
- Self-Compassion Skills and Activities
- Compassionate body scan
- Music meditation
- Here-and-now object – rest in present moment
- Soles of the feet – portal to present moment
- Soothing touch/ A moment for me – self-compassion in moment of need
- Core values/a pledge to myself – remove obstacles
- Japanese bowls – imperfections make you unique and interesting
- Crossing the line – recognize others experience same emotions
- Compassionate friend – strength, wisdom, compassion within themselves
- Self-Compassion in Action – Choose from skills and activities above
- As a clinician
- In a small group
- In a large group
- Discuss feedback
- Develop a take home plan for teens
- Potential Obstacles
- Obstacles that impede implementation
- Share ideas on ways to confront these obstacles
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.