Size Matters Handwriting Program: Proven and Practical Strategies – Beverly H Moskowitz
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Graduate legible printers from your caseload in record time
- Multi-tiered instruction perfect for RTI, collaborative teaching, therapeutic intervention, home programs, centers, and more
- Innovative, proven and game-changing approach
- Fiscally friendly with easily embeddable concepts that work with YOUR current curriculum
- Easy quantitative progress monitoring
SIZE MATTERS HANDWRITING PROGRAM (SMHP) is the most efficient way of promoting printing consistency and competence. More than a font, it is the big picture that enables children to see their writing as a whole, rather than merely individual letters. Using straight-forward key concepts and ‘tactile’ visuals, children know what they’re aiming for and how to get there.
The (SMHP) is concept-driven, practical and easily embedded into the curriculum with minimal to no investment. Even better, the progress monitoring is fast and simple. SMHP can be implemented in a number of ways and works equally well as a full curriculum, therapeutic intervention, home program, RTI adjunct, collaborative model and center time activity. Teachers who are already swamped, note that the changes in legibility happen immediately and dramatically.
SMHP is a new way of teaching and remediating handwriting. It uses language from the existing literacy, social studies, science or even math lessons. Printing practice of words, phrases and sentences happens while actually learning the curricular content. Never before has skill acquisition, practice and carryover been so easy and fun. Most importantly, it works and has been proven…. because when it comes to neat printing…. Size Matters!
- Describe the Key Concepts of SMHP and how to use them.
- Summarize the evidence and literature supporting handwriting instruction and the Size Matters Handwriting Program.
- Outline how to implement the Size Matters Handwriting Program in a variety of settings.
- Explain how to score for Letter Size, inside and outside spacing and copying.
- Administer the Intake, interpret findings and identify appropriate treatments, modifications or accommodations.
- Write observable and measurable handwriting IEP goals.
- Create your own supportive materials for use in your classrooms so you can get your students and teachers stared on the road to functional legible printing.
Why Teach Handwriting?
- Handwriting—the evidence
- MRI studies linking writing with learning
- The journey and efficacy behind the Size Matters Handwriting Program
- P = .001 level of significance!!!
- Why this concept-driven approach (versus workbook-driven) is a game-changer
8 Key Concepts + Embedded Instruction = Legibility and Functionality
- Writing Lines, Go Lines and Finish Lines
- Letter lines
- Stop reversals with Super C
- Touch points
- Starting points and initial lines
- Letter size
- Self-monitoring and self-determination
- Inside spacing/outside spacing
Strategies, Techniques & Implementation
- Embed handwriting sensibility into language arts, social studies, science and math lessons during push-in collaboration
- Low-tech and high-tech options you can make to strengthen teacher carryover, student buy-in and overall neat printing
- Empower students with The Dice Game
- Easy scoring + self-scoring = quantitative data anytime, anywhere
- Star-worthy letters
- Wall of handwriting fame
- Handwriting club
- Written language production standards
- Handwriting methods and goals to complement the Common Core
- Letter line equations and other instructive letter line games
- Make your own letter builders—a great center time activity
- Graduate printers to higher grade level paper when handwriting is part of your curriculum, therapeutic intervention, RTI and more
- Initial assessment, including the Point of View Survey
- Scoring accuracy in letter size and spacing in seconds
- Copying assessment
- Writing measurable, obtainable and reimbursable handwriting IEP goals
- Treatment scenarios with accommodations, modifications, treatment options and more
- Fiscal responsibility – save your schools and districts money by investing in concepts rather than workbooks
- Hands-on exploration and labs
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.