Strategies for Excellence in Stroke Care – Cedric McKoy
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Rule Out Conditions that Mimic Stroke
- Update on the Latest Diagnostic Tools
- The Latest Clinical Advances in Treatment
- Stroke Medications
Attend this seminar and learn to quickly recognize and assess the often subtle changes in a patient’s neurological status in order to quickly respond with effective interventions. Join national speaker, Cedric McKoy, MSN, ACNP, for this in-depth program focused on maximizing stroke patient outcomes through awareness, prevention and timely treatment. You will have the opportunity to analyze complex stroke cases, strengthen your assessment skills, and advance your understanding of neurological changes in your patients.
Cedric is able to merge the latest science with practical strategies for stroke care. He will help you understand treatment modalities for improving the care you provide to patients. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about the latest advances for achieving excellence in stroke care!
- Risk Factors
- Nursing Responsibility
- Prevention Resources
Hyper-Acute Stroke Care
- Initial Stroke Triage
- Arrival to the ED
- Acute Treatment & Interventions
- Thrombotic Strokes
- Local Stenosis
- Hypercoagulable Work-up
- Embolic Strokes
- Artery to Artery
- Aortic Arch
- Arterial Dissection
- Hemorrhagic Strokes
- Patient Education & Preparedness
- Immediate Diagnostic Studies
- Neuroradiological Studies
Acute Stroke Care
- Defining the Stroke Timeline
- Stroke-Focused Assessment
- Common Pitfalls
- Cranial Nerves
- Sensory Exam
- Motor Exam
- Muscle Testing
- Cerebellar Testing
- Deep Tendon Reflexes
- Safety Measures
Management of Ischemic and Hemorrhagic Strokes
- Fluid Management
- Seizure Management
- Increased Intracranial Pressure
- Surgical Management
- Treatment Options
- Latest Clinical Advances
- Use of the Merci ® Retriever Device
- Intra-Arterial t-PA
- Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Compressive Craniectomy
- DVT Prevention
- Antihypertensives and Diuretics
- Vasopressors and Inotropes
- Lipid-Lowering Agents
- Osmotic Agents
- Glycemic Control
- Atypical Neuroleptics
Post-Acute Stroke Care
- Levels of Rehab/Restorative Care
- Roles within the Interdisciplinary Team
- Goals of Stroke Rehab
Stroke System of Care
- Acute Stroke Setting, Team, & Survival
- Quality Improvement Techniques
- Criteria for Stroke Center Certification
- Summarize the latest clinical advances in stroke assessment and treatment.
- Assess the care techniques for stroke patients in the hyper-acute, acute and post-acute stages of recovery.
- Describe the rationale behind acute perfusion strategies, including the indications and contraindications with t-PA.
- Recognize the early, subtle signs of stroke.
- Discuss medication recommendations and protocols for the stroke patient.
- Define the nurse’s role in stroke prevention.
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.