Transgender & Gender Non-Binary (TGNB) Clients: Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies – lore m dickey
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
Early in my career, I recognized that without training in affirmative practice, mental health providers are at risk of causing harm to their transgender & gender non-binary (TGNB). As a result, mistakes are frequently made by using outdated treatment strategies and having a lack of education of how to work with gender diverse clients.
Today, I know that providing affirmative care practices are critical to ensure the safety of your TGNB clients. I will give you an insider’s perspective and guide you step-by-step through navigating the challenges your clients face that are often overlooked by mainstream clinical approaches.
In this recording I will show you the power of affirmative care for you and your clients to:
- Overcome the knowledge barrier
- Avoid outdated treatment plans
- Learn and differentiate correct terms such as gender queer, gender fluid and cisgender
- Breakthrough strategies to help your client tell their partner, families, friend and employers
- Gain tips to discuss hormone treatments and surgical procedures
Don’t wait to have your next TGNB client educate you about their challenges and clinical concerns! Begin your journey now to start providing a safe place for all your clients to genuinely be themselves.
- Communicate the complexities that transgender clients face daily including physical, mental, and social discomfort and how to address these in clinical practice.
- Develop a deep comprehension of the ways that a client’s own identity can create a trusting, effective relationship, and how their identity can negatively affect the clinical relationship.
- Apply concepts of affirmative clinical practice with gender diverse clients.
- Ascertain the various gender diverse identifies and understand the ways that intersecting identities create further challenges in daily life.
- Assess your current clinical practice to determine how affirmative your practice is for gender diverse clients.
- Individualize and create a transition timeline and goals with your client.
- Prepare letters for clients seeking feminizing and masculinizing hormone therapy and gender confirmation surgeries.
Affirmative Clinical Practice
- Ethical responsibilities
- Clinical application of affirmative practice
- Work with clients across the lifespan
- Emerging adults
- Older adults
- Elements of support for transition care
Gender Identity and Diversity
- Coming out
- Transition experiences (e.g., social, medical, and legal)
- Historical perspectives
- Current conceptions of gender diversity
- Challenges with keeping up with identify labels
Challenges Faced by Gender Diverse People
- Intersecting identities
- Discrimination and violence
- Clients seeking asylum
- Clinical concerns
- Substance abuse
- Suicidal ideation
- Family considerations
- Value of support
- Legal concerns
Interrogating One’s Gender Beliefs
- Why is this important
- What is involved in this process
- How does a clinician integrate this information into their practice?
- What aspects of one’s practice need to be assessed
- Simple ways to address practice short comings
Assessment with Gender Diverse Clients
- Best practice for addressing clinical concerns with assessment
- How to complete assessments that require binary sex indicators
- The purpose of assessment in clinical practice with clients
- Challenges with personality assessments
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.