Treating Traumatic Stress in Kids: Sensory, Yoga & Mindfulness Techniques to Rewire the Young Brain – Victoria Grinman
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
- Transform your work with kids—The secret to co-regulation for better attachment
- Master application of the 7 senses for increased connection, effectiveness and accessibility
- Combat the hijackers of executive function and emotion regulation
Anxiety, panic, inattention and stress are at epidemic proportion for our kids and teens, leaving them unable to play, learn and grow. Many kids feel disconnected, lonely, scared, sad and angry, left vulnerable to depression, anxiety, disconnection, and psychological and physiological challenges.
Anxiety and fear are the grand hijackers of kids attention, focus and self-regulation.
In this highly experiential seminar, we will dig deep into the most challenging diagnoses and behaviors including:
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Anxiety, intense worry, fear
- Aggression and angry outbursts
- Risk taking behaviors
- and more . . .
This integrative approach to yoga and mindfulness includes:
- Sensory integration activities
- Co-regulation mastery
- Chair-based exercises
- Cognitive behavioral approaches
- Sensorimotor modalities
Experience each activity, gain specific language for how to modify it for kids, and discover how to weave it into your existing practice.
- Interpret trauma from a developmental and psychological perspective.
- Support how sleep, eating and learning patterns are related to overall better function.
- Evaluate how yoga and mindfulness exercises rewire the brain to become more connected.
- Integrate mindfulness techniques to promote more focus, attention and awareness.
- Establish how soothing the nervous system will promote engagement.
- Construct effective plans to respond to resistance when sharing yoga and mindfulness with children.
- Model skills for parents to implement at home for a better bond.
- Unpacking Traumatic Stress for Kids
- Hijackers of executive functioning and emotional balance: Anxiety, panic, fear, toxic stress, worry
- A Whole Look: Developmental, psychological and neuro-biological lens
- Triune Brain: Integrate and engage the three levels
- Key functions compromised by stress and trauma
- Co-regulation and the power of relationship
- Modeling: Mirror neurons and empathy
- Prepare Kids Minds and Bodies for
- Learning & Play
- Special guidelines for a trauma-informed integrative yoga and mindfulness practitioner
- Effective exercises for neuroplasticity: Rewiring the young brain
- Neurointegration to balance the separate regions of the brain
- Yoga, Mindfulness & Sensory
- Techniques: Putting It Into Practice
- Master application of the 7 senses to any technique for increased self-awareness and connection
- Experience 50+ dynamic ready-to-use techniques to address areas of functioning most compromised by traumatic stress in the body:
- Making best use of our anchor
- Pair breathe with movement
- Increase motivation through challenge while decreasing resistance
- Support kids in using their internal resources to be strong, grounded and balanced
- Movement with intention and purpose
- Facilitate self-awareness and insight
- Interoception and Tuning IN
- First step to self-advocacy: Help kids notice when their bodies are sending a message
- Listen to the “I” within the body
- Gain mastery of maintaining and shifting attention
- Prioritizing stimuli and information
- Initiate a relaxation response: Soothe the autonomic nervous system
- Kindness & Gratitude
- Nurturing compassion for self and others
- Integrate Skills Into Daily Life
- Master 15+ seated modifications, partner poses and group games
- Build a take-home tool-bag
- Recipes for handmade tools and props
- Overview of aromatherapy
- Tips for working with different strengths, needs, and abilities: Including Autism, ADHD, deaf community, and many more
- Challenges As Opportunities:
- Responding to Resistance
- The Plan versus The Child
- Expectations and outcomes
- Create a self-care plan
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.