Wound Care and Documentation Essentials: Protect Yourself and Your Patient – Ann Kahl Taylor & Heidi Huddleston Cross
Sale Page :
Original Price: $199
You just : $54
Will Your Wound Care and Documentation Hold Up in Court?
Does this sound familiar…
You enter a patient’s room for the first time, analyze their chart, but can’t quite understand the previous care provided. Or, maybe the care plan prescribed doesn’t match their risk assessment numbers.
Don’t worry, we are here to help.
Wound care in today’s healthcare environment is more challenging than ever— and let’s face it, terrifying. Lawsuits related to wounds are increasingly common in both acute and long-term care settings. In this course you’ll get many of the answers you need to help keep patients from suing, and keep lawyers and regulatory bodies at bay to keep you and your facility out of court.
After this course, you will have a wealth of assessment and treatment techniques to bring your skin and wound management skills to a new level! Most importantly, gain confidence and peace of mind that the treatment plan implemented will improve patient outcomes AND legally–defensible documentation to protect your clients and your license.
Providing the best patient care comes with risks. Avoid legal implications and gain expert-level wound management skills with this comprehensive, self-paced online course.
Learn the latest intervention strategies for successful skin and wound care, including:
- cleansing, debridement and dressing application
- infection control challenges and solutions
- the best methods for documenting skin and wound care
- the latest products for cleansing, moisturizing, sealing, and protecting
- dressing options and selection rationale
- assessment essentials & legally–defensible documentation
Here’s what you’ll learn in this comprehensive online course:
Skin & Wound Care: 15 Assessment and Treatment Techniques You Didn’t Know with Ann Kahl Taylor, MS, RN, CWOCN®
- A comprehensive plan of care to promote optimal wound healing
- Ability to identify characteristics of vascular, neuropathic and pressure ulcers, including deep tissue injury
- Effective strategies and techniques for simple and complicated ostomies
- New interventions techniques useful to support successful wound healing
- Appropriate interventions for urinary and fecal incontinence
- Tools to assist with assessment and management of patients with wounds, ostomies and incontinence
Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care: Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court with Heidi Huddleston Cross, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, CWOCN®
- Understand U.S. legal system and the current wound litigation environment
- Regulatory and legal principles of wound care
- The essentials of wound assessments and legally-defensible documentation
- Necessary communications to avoid wound issues and keep yourself out of court
- How to establish a wound program that is legally defensible
- Evaluate high-risk wound care situations that are prone to litigation
Please kindly cotact us if you need proof of item.